What do you look for in an Assistant Manager?

i like his scouting abilities to be quite high for assessing players when i try to sign them

man managements a good one for team talk advice too

im never too concerned with the actual coaching attributes

though if im a lower league team with a tiny coaching staff, i will look more towards someone with a smattering of coaching ability

Personally, motivation and some degree of tactical awareness. I'll employ coaches to look after defensive, attacking and goalkeeping training.

Someone with a good level of man-management skills and the ability to judge players well will go down a treat too. I often send my AssMan to go look at players I like.

following a guide i read. i personally think a good assistant manager should have good man management, good judging player ability and possibly potential. tactical knowledge is good if you have to serve a touchline ban or go on holiday then he can take over, level of discipline and maybe adapting if he is foreign could help too.

GSOH, wears a wig and has a pet cat called Mr. Nibbles

To be serious for a second, generally what kristoaster said, but I also try to find one with good coaching abilities that fit into my schedule to help maintain the whole 7 star malarky

Archived