My First Career Game

Right, so I have begun my first career game on FM08 (can't get 09) and i am Altrincham in BSP.

I have signed all my players down to F/t deals and staff too... and I am trying to sign a few players who will be great in the division. I have asked for a parent club and I have signed Luciano Becchio and Jonny Howson on loan from Leeds and Lewis Emanuel from Luton.

I need to know if you have any tips.. who my last loan singing could be.. and any help.

Thanks.

Can't remember any specific names I brought in, but here's an old post I had in another thread that might help with lower league management in general.

I've played some LL in 2008, so I have some ideas.

1/ Sell players for cash and buy for free, play like you have no transfer budget, only loan players if you don't have to pay wages.

2/ Keep your squad small, you have no need for a reserve squad or a large youth squad.

3/ Try not to release players if you have to pay. If you really want to, then you should first offer the player a shorter contract than what he is on (even if you have to pay slightly more money in his wages/bonuses), then release him for less compensation. This is a little bit of a cheat, but sounds like your finances are desperate.

4/ Get a parent club for the money and to loan players more easily without paying wages.

5/ Never offer signing on fees and always lower the wages and bonuses when negotiating contracts. Always offer 1 yr deals, so it's easy to offload dead wood.

6/ Sell star players if you get a good offer, at LL level, they are usually easy to replace cheaply.

7/ You have no need for more than 1 physio or multiple coaches, they cost money for little effect.

8/ Stay well below your wage budget, it always seems to be set too high

I won back to back promotions into the CCL2 sticking to these principles and was never in the red.

Your on FM08?

Try and buy Onandi Lowe. You can get him for free, he just wants big wages (although he asked me for a lot but i gave him much less, the most i could afford, and he agreed anyway). He'll sign on a pre-contract and join you in January. The Jamaican striker's 6ft 4, athletic (albeit aging, 34 or something like that), with a very powerful shot. He has low composure though so i had him dropping deep into space and looking to shoot from range, that's his forte.

He joined me with Forfar in the Scottish Third Division so i see no reason why he wouldn't join you. He's very good - definitely worth trying.

Archived