Dirty AI players

Is it just me, or is the AI producing some seriously dirty football? These are my last 20 games, with the stat represented being fouls-by-team.

ME - AI

11 - 18

7 - 24

9 - 35

19 - 11

14 - 34

10 - 17

5 - 11

11 - 33

7 - 21

4 - 31

6 - 23

15 - 19

7 - 17

5 - 37

10 - 27

10 - 35

9 - 35

7 - 27

10 - 19

5 - 45

Is this common?

Are you the favorites in the above matches...or maybe just Arsenal???

Teams may be trying to 'kick' you out of games.

Yeah, I was favoured in most, if not all, of the games. What's equally annoying is the fact that the opponents don't get the same ratio of yellow/red cards. In the game I was out-fouled 31-4, the AI got no cards. I got 4 yellows, but they were to the same two players --> 2 reds. So being ridiculously out-fouled, I ended the game with 9 players.

I don't know if the refereeing is ridiculously bad in FM or if it's true to life but...

-The referees who give a yellow card for the first foul of the match **** me off :( 2 min. into the game and a cb gets booked!

-Refs who favor the home side... 12 fouls from my team and four yellow cards + substitutions from me to prevent players being sent off and the home side gets one yellow for 30something fouls.

-Refs who favor the away side (big teams?)

-Refs who are overly harsh with either teams (ex:8 fouls committed by each team and both have 3 yellow cards by now)

There are probably a few good refs in the game that get at least an avg. rating but consistently terrible refereeing takes the joy out of the game for me.

That being said, it might even be realistic. Referees are prone to mistakes and it's not an exact science is it? Continuing with the realism thing, I'd like the option to bring up a topic during a press conference (like the bastard in the black).

What annoys me is how last-man challenges so regularly go unpunished for the AI. They can foul me as the last man and don't receive even a yellow card.

I've noticed that too. And because my striker had a breakaway and didn't score (fouled out of the play) his rating gets affected.

And to Deltaroad, if IRL a game (both sides) gets about 30 fouls in total, it doesn't seem right that the AI routinely gets way over 30 all on their own, and barely out-card me. They just don't get punished for persistent fouling, even when out-fouling me by a ratio of 9-1.

I'm on a streak of having players get injured in matches in fully patched 07 (still the best FM IMO). At one stage I was going down to 10 because they'd happen after my last sub. Then I decided to leave a spare sub. Result? Man injured, sub made, another player injured. As a last resort, I didn't make any subs in the next match. Actually, I had to make two in the first twenty minutes, and then the third early in the second half.

I take it as a compliment- the AI can't "crack" my tactics, so it has to play dirty :cool:.

Archived