CCC v SoG 'Preset'

I remember reading somewhere from a SI/Sega person (i suspect it was that 'matt' fellow but i haven't been able to find the post again to confirm) to counter a claim by someone that teams only scoring 1 goal every 3-4 CCC is 'correct', using C Ronaldo's stats last year of having scored 40 goals but taken 160~ shots. however, to make a further enquiry on this i have a few questions.

1/ what determines what is scored exactly? surely it should be purely the match engine not predetermined statistics like that. i can almost understand there being some sort of 'limiter' but even then, that should only be temporary until the match engine is good enough to not need such a thing

2/ CCC!=SOG. i have no doubt that scoring every 3-4, perhaps upto 5 shots on goal could very well be right, but that is of course not taking into the context of the chance situation. in terms of CCC, there's absolutely no way that the ratio is as sparse, at most 1 every 2.5, not worse. with the ronaldo stat earlier you had to accept that he used to shoot like lampard used to, any chance he got basically hardly a good basis for converting them but of course man utd created enough chances for that to not matter.

3/ purely anecdotal but is it just me or is it 'easier' to score for people with good jumping than foot-finishing? just seems that way, because i play with 'play to feet' sort of football / forwards, yet even then wingers of course put crosses in once a while and the ratio of headers on goal:goals seems higher than CCC:goal. this could be total ******** of course, but lisandro lopez isn't quite alan shearer when it comes to his head.

clear cut chances........

I wondered what it meant. All of a sudden people have started saying it like it's the new "in" thing, when I've been playing CM/FM for years and never seen it once.

The only CCC I knew of before now was the ATI Catalyst Control Centre...

I wondered what it meant. All of a sudden people have started saying it like it's the new "in" thing, when I've been playing CM/FM for years and never seen it once.

The only CCC I knew of before now was the ATI Catalyst Control Centre...

The stat in game is labeled CCC so that is why you are seeing it now. I think this is the first year it has been kept (I could be wrong about that).

I'm a firm believer in balancing game stats, not only to reflect info gained from reality, but to an extent so as to appear realistic. For example - I'd have no problem with more CCC's being tucked away if the large majority of people felt it more realistic. I'm not talking a 50% swing, a small percentage but a change nonetheless. Anyhooo.

I'm a firm believer in balancing game stats, not only to reflect info gained from reality, but to an extent so as to appear realistic. For example - I'd have no problem with more CCC's being tucked away if the large majority of people felt it more realistic. I'm not talking a 50% swing, a small percentage but a change nonetheless. Anyhooo.
yes the game stats should be balanced but because of a realistic game engine not because of predetermined limitations?

Archived