New Idea for FM10 - Identity Fraud!

Since Identity Fraud is so common nowadays, everyones identity is being stolen, Imagine when one of your star player's identity is stolen and the thief manages to take his place on the pitch!

Obviously the thief doesn't train and spends most of his time running from police so his acceleration, pace and mental traits will be average but his physical and technical ones will be near 1, you won't get a warning about your players identity being stolen until after you lose the game!

Since Identity Fraud is so common nowadays, everyones identity is being stolen, Imagine when one of your star player's identity is stolen and the thief manages to take his place on the pitch!

Obviously the thief doesn't train and spends most of his time running from police so his acceleration, pace and mental traits will be average but his physical and technical ones will be near 1, you won't get a warning about your players identity being stolen until after you lose the game!

Really! That's Bojan on a free!

Ha, I remember watching a documentry on this Italian guy 'Ali Dia' who posed as top footballer, He made alot of teams look like a fool including Southampton who gave him is debut against Leeds in the Prem league and he was released soon after.

Port Vale also were tricked by his lies,Tried his luck with Gillingham too but Tony Pulis was not to be fooled lol.

Streetwise Graeme Souness is the victim of soccer's con-trick of the decade.

Out-of-work footballer Ali Dia pulled the wool over Souey's eyes when he walked into Southampton and within days won a month's contract and a shock Premiership debut against Leeds United.

Souness allowed Dia to train with his first team when he took a call from a man claiming to be AC Milan superstar George Weah, World Footballer of the Year, who recommended the player.

I can reveal today that the phone call was bogus. Weah confirmed he has never spoken to Souness.

The embarrassed former Glasgow Rangers and Liverpool boss booted Dia - who claimed he was a Senegalese international - out of The Dell after just 14 days.

And the Sunday Mirror can reveal the same player had used the same "Weah" approach up and down the country to entice clubs to give him a trial.

Port Vale gained international clearance from the FA in September, but let Dia go after one match in the Pontin's League! And Gillingham boss Tony Pulis, who also fell for the "Weah" recommendation, dismissed Dia as "rubbish" after a trial.

Yet Souness was putting a brave face on his gaffe last night.

Dia had come on as substitute for England ace Matthew Le Tissier on November 23 ... he was so poor he had to be subbed himself 53 minutes later! Defender Ken Monkou had to play as an emergency striker in Dia's place.

Souness interrupted his break in Israel to tell me: "I have not met George Weah, but I have heard his voice on TV and radio and the man on the phone sounded similar.

"I don't feel I have been duped in the slightest... because that's the way the world is these days.

"It cost us a couple of grand for two weeks wages. It's not broken our hearts - and we certainly don't feel hard done-by.

"He was an international player so we gave him a go, but he didn't impress and has now left the club."

Souness may not like to know, but some of Dia's credentials did not figure out when the Sunday Mirror investigated the player. The Senegal Football Federation in Dakar refused to reply to our inquiries about his "international" record.

Dia said he had met Weah when they were players at Paris St Germaine but youth development officer Jacques Jarry said: "I have been with this club for 13 years and I can say categorically we have never had a player called Ali Dia."

Southampton believed Dia had been released by Serie A club Bologna under the Bosman Ruling but a source with the Italian Football Federation revealed: "We have checked our records and there has not been a player registered in that name with Bologna."

Dia didn't need a work permit to join Port Vale or Southampton because his wife was French and he had a French passport.

Saints got international clearance for him from the FA on November 22 - and within hours he was playing against Leeds.

The German Football Federation confirmed that he DID play for Second Division Lubeck for nine months last season, which the FA checked out before the player could join Port Vale.

Vale secretary Bill Lodey said: "He was recommended to us by someone very important and he played one reserve game against Middlesbrough. To be honest he didn't impress, and we last heard of him at Rotherham."

Pulis at Gillingham was also taken in at first and said: "I was shocked to receive a call from someone claiming to be George Weah recommending a friend of his.

"I wouldn't have thought a man like Weah would have heard of Gillingham, but we gave the lad a trial and he was rubbish."

Former West Ham and Rangers winger Dale Gordon, now player-coach at Bournemouth, admitted: "Ali came down for a day and trained with us but didn't look very good. There was no prospect of him joining us because he clearly wasn't what we were looking for."

On the day Dia was sent on to face Leeds, Souness said: "It just goes to show the state of things at the club at the moment that a player I have never even seen, let alone watched playing in a game, was able to play in the Premiership."

Dia was unavailable for comment last night.

Ha, I remember watching a documentry on this Italian guy 'Ali Dia' who posed as top footballer, He made alot of teams look like a fool including Southampton who gave him is debut against Leeds in the Prem league and he was released a month later, also made Gillingham(Tony Pulis) and Port Vale look like fools ha ha.

I saw a documentary on youtube and laughed at poor Souness.

Archived