Some totally unrelated subjects that (may) have been mentioned before yet I shan't omit to bring them up once more!

- IRL is there a set retirement age for refs in the UK? I'm in 2025 and several are pushing 50. Elsewhere in Europe your rarely see refs continue beyond the age of 45.

- The weather: Why is it so strange? You often see summer temperatures in December and chilly conditions in August. And what's the deal with the frequent storms? Please, no jokes about global warming.

- This is more like a suggestion: Could we please have injury time goals denoted as, e.g., 45+3 or 90+5. It is not unusual to see more than one goal in injury time and for future reference it would be nice to be able to reconstruct the exact sequence of events just by glancing at the scoreline.

Originally posted by Neyles:

- IRL is there a set retirement age for refs in the UK? I'm in 2025 and several are pushing 50. Elsewhere in Europe your rarely see refs continue beyond the age of 45.

Hadn't noticed this myself, but refs in Engalnd have a retirement age of 45 I think. Was Poll not 44 when he retired a year early because of the stick he was getting.

- The weather: Why is it so strange? You often see summer temperatures in December and chilly conditions in August. And what's the deal with the frequent storms? Please, no jokes about global warming.

I thought this was meant to be sorted out in 8.0.2, don't really notie it myself, but I never take any notice of the weather.

- This is more like a suggestion: Could we please have injury time goals denoted as, e.g., 45+3 or 90+5. It is not unusual to see more than one goal in injury time and for future reference it would be nice to be able to reconstruct the exact sequence of events just by glancing at the scoreline.

icon14.gif

I think it depends on the country. UK has a limit like Nomis07 says. I heard some countries have a length of service limit but not an age one - however, I googled it and can't find where it is. Perhaps it was a dream.

- The weather: Why is it so strange?

Got better with 802, but you still get snow storms in Oz and 25-degree C in January in the UK. It's been mentioned on the bugs forum and the SI elves "are looking into it."

Good idea. Whack it in the wishlist thread. Hopefully it'll be picked up.

Not many fixtures are meant to be played in iceland during the winter but it seems whenever I do try playing on its hotter than an English summer lol, sometimes the temperatures are over 30 c which is madness lol.

Originally posted by Neyles:

I've asked for this in the wishlist. IIRC there is one skin that has it - a simple yet obvious touch. icon14.gif

icon14.gif for the last one.

Refs just don't retire in FM. Should be changed in a future version but SI would have to implement regen refs and ref promotions an the like to make it realistic then and maybe that's just working hours better spent on more important gameplay issues.

Archived