Selling Chairman

i am coaching Southampton and coming second in the league, but now come January the Chairman has decided to accept very offer for my best players. I will have no strikers left, can i complain to the board or say something to the media? Is there anything I can do?

Yeah, interfering chairmen can be huge annoyances. I've said somewhere before I have a little trick for this. If other clubs keep offering you loads of money your chairman accepts, try setting your players' value to £250k and reject all offers. No club will bid £16M for someone whose club thinks is worth £250k. Your chairman will then have no idea and not interfere when you reject these £250k bids.

Yeah, interfering chairmen can be huge annoyances. I've said somewhere before I have a little trick for this. If other clubs keep offering you loads of money your chairman accepts, try setting your players' value to £250k and reject all offers. No club will bid £16M for someone whose club thinks is worth £250k. Your chairman will then have no idea and not interfere when you reject these £250k bids.

Even better, set their value to 0 :p

Wow!! Thats Inspired genius that one M8, but I would have thought you need to do this before the Bids come in? Which is a little late for OP I think :confused:

Wow!! Thats Inspired genius that one M8, but I would have thought you need to do this before the Bids come in? Which is a little late for OP I think :confused:

Yes, you unfortunately have to do it before it happens. I came up with the idea on one of my FM08 games after someone stole one of my players at Dynamo Kyiv.

Offer the player out for £0.

Accept all the offers from clubs with that bid.

Hopefully he signs for one of the clubs that bid at £0.

Cancel the transfer when he agrees to move.

Therefore getting around the chairman accepting a bid.

Although there is a chance the player might sign with the team that the chairman accepted.

Ive used this a few times in FM08 just cause my chairman accepted stupidly small bids for top players.

The chairman was accpeting bids for players around 2.5 to 3.8 million and sold four players. Then when I asked for more money to buy replacements he said no.

There needs to be more interaction potions with board and also an option for a manager to release media notes, so he can compain to the press about the board. Also what about the team morale begin effected, if the team is doing well why wouldn't the players get behind the manager against the chairman and the board?

Archived