Is anyone else.....

bored with playing with the top 4. i'm a man u fan and am always adamant that i can't manage anyone else. however i have started a new game as villa and i am finding it more challenging and fun. man u will always be world beaters, where as i am going to make villa into world beaters. this will give me more satisfaction than winning the champs league with united, although i've only managed this feat with ac milan! having said that, it's not going to happen while i'm 11th after 12 games!

Hi

I see where you are coming from , It would be good if the game could be a bit more challenging for the TOP 4 clubs . I know they are supposed to be the big clubs and dominate but still . I would like to see the League harder to win after you have won it twice or so

I thought that the better quality of regens would make it harder to win the league several times in a row , but seems not .

That is why I am starting a new game with Newcastle so I can build a side there , over a few years and win the League . But what will happen then is that as soon as I win it once , I will win it 10 times in a row . The TOP Teams cant be bothered any more

Thanks

Hi

I see where you are coming from , It would be good if the game could be a bit more challenging for the TOP 4 clubs . I know they are supposed to be the big clubs and dominate but still . I would like to see the League harder to win after you have won it twice or so

I thought that the better quality of regens would make it harder to win the league several times in a row , but seems not .

That is why I am starting a new game with Newcastle so I can build a side there , over a few years and win the League . But what will happen then is that as soon as I win it once , I will win it 10 times in a row . The TOP Teams cant be bothered any more

Thanks

what was your transfer budget with newcastle?

yeah totally. Im an Arsenal fan and always managed them when the new game came out. After a couple of seasons it just gets boring. So i too have gone Villa and totally loving it.

I agree . I still think Arsenal might be fun if the TOP 4 would bloody challenge and not just give you the tittle . Then you could build a really good team each year

I've never managed the "Big 4" before. I would love to win a league. Unfortunately, I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan and want to do well with them. Once I got offered a job at Hibs, so I took it and we came 2nd in the SPL, then the following season, it didn't work out so I got sacked. The best thing that happened was when I took the job at Grays Athletic who were in League 2, and I got them to the play-offs but we lost, then I got offered the England job! Then I turned it down because it wasn't the right time, then I got sacked at Grays and I lost everything! :(

what formation do you play?

442 First season bought joe Maddock from Leicester for 3 million. Now a fullback wonderkid.

Other big buys have been Defour from Liege and Jack Wilshire from the gunners. Building a really young squad.

First season struggled to 13th in league. 2nd finished 7th and really enjoyed it. At home i play attacking with the offside trap and away the same 442 but derensive with counter attack.

Still on 08 because I don't want to kill my exams, but as soon as they';re over I'll be getting 09.

Anyway, what I've always done is started a game as a good club, usually United whom I support or Barcelona who I've always had a soft spot for. It's fun to play with the best players, play some pretty football, and sign megastars.

Usually I'll then start a second manager in the same game and try find a club that interests me and do better with it. For example, in a previous save, where I was managing Real Madrid, I also took over Millwall, and took them from League 2 where they'd gotten after a few years all the way to the Premiership. It's great fun, especially making the play offs the final day of the season.

Currently playing a game where I holidayed forward 5 years before taking over Schalke, and am in the process of creating a team to dominate Europe. Two seasons in and I have 2 league titles, a UEFA Cup and a Champions League. Great fun. :)

442 First season bought joe Maddock from Leicester for 3 million. Now a fullback wonderkid.

Other big buys have been Defour from Liege and Jack Wilshire from the gunners. Building a really young squad.

First season struggled to 13th in league. 2nd finished 7th and really enjoyed it. At home i play attacking with the offside trap and away the same 442 but derensive with counter attack.

i'm the same but don't play offside trap at home, will try that tonight. i've bought thomas vermealen (left back from ajax) for 5 million. got copra, aquino and capdevila on loan to bolster my squad.

Archived