New Steam Problem!

What a big bag of cack this is.

The whole setup of this game is a disgrace!

Could someone please tell me why, after playing this game for the past days has Steam asked for my activation code all over again when i have just tried to launch the game.

I was confused by this, but entered the code again anyway... guess what i got..

"sorry we cannot connect to the internet"

Launch night was a pitiful joke, this follow up is a complete and utter shambles.

I feel like snapping the disc!

you know if you have a boxed copy you dont need steam period, and even if you do you can set it to launch offline and need never worry about this ?

I have the boxed version and can confirm you definitely do not need steam. I authenticated using uniloc and because I had an easy code (no 0 or 1 or o or i) the process was easy.

I already activated on friday night using Steam, and have played the game for the past couple of days

I just can't lauch the game like i usually do as it's trying to push me through the activation process again.

... and then telling me the same errors that many experienced on friday...(activation erro / can't connect to the internet.. etc)

How do i get this running without Steam?

I already activated on friday night using Steam, and have played the game for the past couple of days

I just can't lauch the game like i usually do as it's trying to push me through the activation process again.

... and then telling me the same errors that many experienced on friday...(activation erro / can't connect to the internet.. etc)

How do i get this running without Steam?

navigate to your steam folder, in steamapps you will find the fm09 folder, create a shortcut of fm09.exe and place on your desktop, starting via that will allow you to play but doesnt boot steam

I can only play the game via Steam (launching it offline though), if I copy the FM09 exe file to desktop and click that then my computer freezes and then the screen goes kind of a washed out black colour (can see desktop through it though) and it freezes again and stays like that?!

Updated drivers, direct X etc

I can only play the game via Steam (launching it offline though), if I copy the FM09 exe file to desktop and click that then my computer freezes and then the screen goes kind of a washed out black colour (can see desktop through it though) and it freezes again and stays like that?!

Updated drivers, direct X etc

erm don't copy the FM09.exe!

Just create a shortcut to it. Easy.

Archived