Steaming......

.....mad.

I am an intelligent person. The only PC game I ever buy is FM, or CM before that.

I buy the game, stick the disc in my PC and expect it to load. I don't mind waiting 10,20, 30 minutes or even an hour for a game to install. I then expect to play the game.

I am a football fan, not a computer game fan but obviously the two go hand in hand where FM is concerned.

I am not interested in joining an online gaming "programme" going by the silly name of Steam. I don't want to play online fighting games with teenagers from Sweden or Norway or Angola.

I don't particularly want to enter an authentication code - it insults my integrity. I do understand the theory behind such a code being required to stop piracy. Therefore I am happy to enter a code - but found myself having to scour the net to solve that problem, which I eventually did.

The game apparently installed via Steam (after 3 hours). I then click on the FM icon that appeared on my desktop and it comes up with a message saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." Hmmm

I uninstall the file and also uninstall Steam. I then install FM again using the alternative option from Steam ( I believe it is called Uniloc). The FM icon reappears on my desktop so I click on it and get the same "application failed" message.

I am not a technophobe but then again am not particularly comfortable going around trying to remove my firewall and anti-virus software.

What was wrong with the way FM2008 loaded. They did, after all, manage to sell 1 million copies of that game so the piracy issue could not have been so bad that they needed to come up with this ludicrous way of trying to protect it.

Would appreciate if someone could help with my "application failed" problem.

Going to stay awake for next 10 mins or so and then call it a day and try again Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

I am not interested in joining an online gaming "programme" going by the silly name of Steam.

You don't need to join or even load Steam to play FM09. You can activate online without the need to get Steam.

What was wrong with the way FM2008 loaded. They did, after all, manage to sell 1 million copies of that game so the piracy issue could not have been so bad that they needed to come up with this ludicrous way of trying to protect it.

Yeah FM08 sold over 1m copies. But how many more would it have sold if the game was harder to crack??

.....mad.

I am an intelligent person. The only PC game I ever buy is FM, or CM before that.

I buy the game, stick the disc in my PC and expect it to load. I don't mind waiting 10,20, 30 minutes or even an hour for a game to install. I then expect to play the game.

I am a football fan, not a computer game fan but obviously the two go hand in hand where FM is concerned.

I am not interested in joining an online gaming "programme" going by the silly name of Steam. I don't want to play online fighting games with teenagers from Sweden or Norway or Angola.

I don't particularly want to enter an authentication code - it insults my integrity. I do understand the theory behind such a code being required to stop piracy. Therefore I am happy to enter a code - but found myself having to scour the net to solve that problem, which I eventually did.

The game apparently installed via Steam (after 3 hours). I then click on the FM icon that appeared on my desktop and it comes up with a message saying "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." Hmmm

I uninstall the file and also uninstall Steam. I then install FM again using the alternative option from Steam ( I believe it is called Uniloc). The FM icon reappears on my desktop so I click on it and get the same "application failed" message.

I am not a technophobe but then again am not particularly comfortable going around trying to remove my firewall and anti-virus software.

Would appreciate if someone could help with my "application failed" problem.

Going to stay awake for next 10 mins or so and then call it a day and try again Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

Try what I suggested in the authentication thread

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009 then double click the fm icon to run the game.

Very well said! :thup:

You don't need to join or even load Steam to play FM09. You can activate online without the need to get Steam.

Yeah FM08 sold over 1m copies. But how many more would it have sold if the game was harder to crack??

probably about 1,000,500.

Yes, that is sarcastic, but piracy has nowhere near the impact on sales that publishers/studios make out.

Great thread and great points. :thup:

If an unstealable car can be stolen (and they are), uncrackable games can be cracked. Waste of time anybody trying.

To quote bioshock "They said they made it hack proof but that doesn't mean we arent going to hack it anyway".

Archived