weird transfer budgets

Arsenal make a lot of money, they may have a big debt but they are a very well run club.

Man Utd have already spent 30m this summer which is why they don't have as a big a budget. Wenger is a business man, don't let his small spending make you think that Arsenal don't have money.

It's quite fair that Arsenal has more cash than Man Utd now though, given the credit crisis Utd's cost of debt must have gone up significantly and they really are in ALOT of debt. Its not unreasonable to for them to have a limited budget now as they have already spent 30mil on Berbatov and although they havent actually bought Tevez IRL (32mil) he is already registered as their player in FM, if anything Utd should have no money for transfers let alone 10 mil.

Nah, it is well known that Arsenal are ALWAYS over rated on FM.

They are having massive problems selling the highbury flats due to the economic climate at the minute, yet the game doesn't reflect this.

95% of the Highbury flats have been pre-sold!!! So good one on your fact finding!!!

Just because Arsene Wenger didn't go crazy in the transfe market this summer (signing Nasri for 13m is a lot of money!) doesn't mean they dont have it!! Arsenal are ranked 3rd in the Forbes richest football clubs list! So having 38m to spend isn't unrealistic!!

Arsenal aint over-rated on FM at all!!! They have a great youth set up with some of the most promising young footballers in the world! So if they stay with the club in the FM world then of course they are going to be a good team!!

Wenger is a business man, don't let his small spending make you think that Arsenal don't have money.

Neji what you really mean is that Wenger is a tight fisted bugger who wont spend the cash available to him! :D

Neji what you really mean is that Wenger is a tight fisted bugger who wont spend the cash available to him! :D

Indeed I do :D I like Wenger though, so despite his obvious flaws - I wanted to be a bit nicer about him :D

man utd may have spent 30m this summer but something makes me believe that if they would really want to buy someone in the real life,they do buy,no matter the price....not the case in the game

Thats a good point but while they trust Fergie - they might not trust you if you are in charge of Man Utd.

man utd may have spent 30m this summer but something makes me believe that if they would really want to buy someone in the real life,they do buy,no matter the price....not the case in the game

Given that the Glazers socked Utd with 600mil plus of debt pound sterling and that almost all bank's now are struggling to clean up their balance sheets and reevaluate the loans they have already made, it's exceedingly unlikely that Utd can take on anymore debt to finance purchases of anyone without selling.

Utd may be the biggest marketing golden goose now but they don't print money. At the end of the day money talks, it's really telling that they haven't tied tevez down yet (he was the difference btw them and Chels last season) speaks volumes.

Furthermore, if any portion of their debt happens to require refinancing don't be surprised if Utd have to sell rather than buy.

real madrid?

hit by the crysis aswell?

Assuming that FM's research is correct since R.Mad and Barca hardly have any debt if at all yes they are affected in the sense that merchandising, sponsorships...etc will no longer be as lucrative but they do not have to worry bout having to repay creditors.

Besides after AIG's near bankruptcy, and Hublot taking over sponsorship, don't you think its a sign of the times when after losing a sponsor which was one of the largest insurance firms in the world they replace AIG with Hublot, a watch comapny which barely clears 200mil in total revenue a year?

P.S: Hublot sells collectible watches from 5k euros and up.

the AIG near bankruptcy was a blow indeed,but i don't think all of their money came from the sponsorship deal...

Nope not in the slightest, anyways i believe AIG is legally bound to continue paying the sponsorship fees. Wonder what American taxpayers must be thinking now that they own AIG and have already loaned them 200+ Billion USD.

Took a quick look at Utd's reported finances, they probably wont have any trouble meeting their debt obligations, provided TV revenue, merchandising et al continues to grow, which is not unreasonable but given global economic conditions it's a dicey situation.

This is true. They bought Berbatov pretty late on, after they had searched high and low for a cheaper option. In the end they just had to fork out on someone they knew was value for money.

Nope not in the slightest, anyways i believe AIG is legally bound to continue paying the sponsorship fees. Wonder what American taxpayers must be thinking now that they own AIG and have already loaned them 200+ Billion USD.

Took a quick look at Utd's reported finances, they probably wont have any trouble meeting their debt obligations, provided TV revenue, merchandising et al continues to grow, which is not unreasonable but given global economic conditions it's a dicey situation.

Personally, I'm pretty ticked off. Especially since I work for a competitor... :rolleyes:

Archived