I love this game, but i can't enjoy it!

I have realised that my computer is around 3-4 years old now (which at the time i bought top of the range pc) but every football manager game is more power hungry and although fm 2008 my computer could just about handle the demands of the game, this demo my computer is just retching at every click. What has happened? I played the demo at my friends house and it ran smooth as a snake. However it took me just 10 mins to download and him 50 mins with the same download. So why does his run nicely?

It's not rocket science.

Unfortunately, SI have moved towards making their games more power-hungry. It's not a move I particularly agree with. It also baffles me why good graphics cards/RAM are necessary for a match engine that reeks of 1991. But that's how it is, and it will be worth checking a good website (try googling "can I run it") for advice on which component would be best to upgrade.

It's not rocket science.

Unfortunately, SI have moved towards making their games more power-hungry. It's not a move I particularly agree with. It also baffles me why good graphics cards/RAM are necessary for a match engine that reeks of 1991. But that's how it is, and it will be worth checking a good website (try googling "can I run it") for advice on which component would be best to upgrade.

I didn't know you could google that, but cool, that is some good advice.

It's not rocket science.

The thing is though pcs are getting more and more power all of the time. They are moving along with the times. PC's are getting cheaper with more memory hardrive and better graphics thus the game would move on as well. I have just bought a PC with a 19 inch monitor for less than £500 and it easily plays fm.

The thing is though pcs are getting more and more power all of the time. They are moving along with the times. PC's are getting cheaper with more memory hardrive and better graphics thus the game would move on as well. I have just bought a PC with a 19 inch monitor for less than £500 and it easily plays fm.

The point he's making, though, is a match engine like FM09's should not need even a 128mb video card to run it - it's incredibly plain for a 3D engine. I remember Player Manager 2000 had a 3D engine which had more detail than FM's (it had stadiums, crowds, different camera angles, the works) and ran smooth as silk on my old 64mb graphics card, 533mhz processor 512mb computer I had back in the day, and was thoroughly enjoyable.

8 years on, with computers nearly 10 times faster and we have an engine which looks like something from the mid-90s. If it were a case of "PCs are getting more powerful all the time" then the engine should look like FIFA and perform a lot smoother. I personally expected something along the lines of Player Manager 2000 - it's not even that standard and is more power hungry, and it doesn't make sense.

I'm not complaining about the way the 3d engine looks like, nor about the requirements which my computer meets easily (no bragging, just a fact), but I agree with Suzie here above. It's strange that an engine looking like it requires such high requirements.

Is it just me or is there an unimaginable amount of center backs scoring screamers from the edge of the box. I mean all my center backs have scored screamers already for me(4th nov) and just there pascal cygan scored outside of the box. Now that donkey cant even clear it cleanly never mind curl one in from the edge. Im just wondering is it just me having this situation or is a bug

Archived