i cant choose the captain i want

At the start of my season i chose not to have Ryan Nelson as my captain as he said he wants to leave for a bigger club, so i picked Andre Ooiger and David Dunn as vise, after a wile he (Nelson) came round, but i fell out with Ooiger so i sent him packing and mutually ended his contract. So now i want to pick Nelson as my captain but he is not on the drop down list anyone with any idea why :(

I have found changeing captains a bit of a grey area - it has become more complicated than 08! In the tactics screen they are set in stone, and dragging other players as stand-ins does not seem to last in spite of my re-saving my tactics file.

I have found changeing captains a bit of a grey area - it has become more complicated than 08! In the tactics screen they are set in stone, and dragging other players as stand-ins does not seem to last in spite of my re-saving my tactics file.

Yeh now you mention it I've always had problems with this in 08. I'd select a captain at the beginning of the year, yet it wouldn't change on the tactics screen even if I set it by hand and saved the tactic. Then it would also say I'd not have a captain selected (even though he or the vice was in the first 11) and the assman would select the OLD captain instead. Very weird - I've never managed to get it working correctly.

I had this same problem in FM08 too, but it wasn't the case of me trying to reinstate a former captain so there was no issue of him not wanting to be considered - he just wasn't in the list. Strangely though, at the exact time I was asked to select my captain for the season the player I wanted was in the drop down list on my tactics screen, but not in the list where I was being asked to choose my captain. I chose the man I wanted in the tactics screen and someone else on the main screen and the guy I chose in the tactics screen got announced as my captain (and he was the one the players reacted to), but the other guy was the one who was listed as captain.

After that my preferred captain was never again even in the drop down list on tactics screen so I had to just give up and accept the other guy as captain after all!

Archived