Why can't we customise screens like in FML?

One thing I really liked about testing FML was the ability to customise screens and have the information you want on that screen.

For example I have FM09 demo on now and I'm looking at the Search/Players/Views/Other screen and it doesn't have all the information I'd like displayed about the players. Like in FML with a few simple clicks I'd like to add Nationality, Club and Weekly Wage but I can't.

Now I know you can alter the .xml for the squad screen or whatever it was called or just click on the General Info or Contract under Views but that's not the point, FML offers simple customised screens if you desire.

Why can't we have that in FM09?

Calvg can you remember any of the codes? cause I might just have to edit the screens to show what I want instead lol

I've found what you want if you wish to change the xml.

The reason though for the post was not to have to go through this trouble to alter a screen to suit your taste but like in FML just click on a couple of boxes of what you want in that screen and it's added, the game does it for you. This was applicable to every screen in the game you could change what was in it to suit your needs.

Anyway back to the point, I'd deleted FM08 so pulled the skins folder out of the Recycle Bin and looked at one of the skins I'd altered and this is what I wanted to see on the Team Selection screen you see all the time.

If you require anything else just ask and I'll try and find it.

<string id="name" value="Selection"/>

<record id="view">

<flags id="Ppkd"/> <!-- picked info -->

<flags id="Pnfo"/> <!-- player status/info -->

<flags id="Pnam"/> <!-- person name -->

<flags id="Ppos"/> <!-- position -->

<flags id="Pbpc"/> <!-- best position -->

<flags id="Page"/> <!-- person age -->

<flags id="Pmor"/> <!-- player morale -->

<flags id="Pfrm"/> <!-- player form -->

<flags id="Pcon"/> <!-- player condition -->

<flags id="Poap"/> <!-- overall appearances -->