Teamtalk in Fm 09

Team Talks motivate players before games, I was in the dressing room before one of Birmingham games and the manager spent along time telling Birmingham that they could get something against Newcastle (couple of years ago) and in the end we drew 2-2, I think they do have an impact on confidence and morale!

Harry Redknapp anyone? :p Ramos clearly couldn't tell the players what he wanted/encourage them! He could barely speak English! Look at the difference now!

woah. dont get too caried away about tottenham or redknapp. i respect both spurs and harry but bolton at home ramos wouldve even won and drawing at arsenal away was good but drawing at chelsea away was better. time will tell...

anyway, pesonally im not bothered about teamtalks, i just leave them to my assistant.

The problem is/was is that you know which option to choose and which not to after a while so the whole thing becomes a little pointless

Totaly agree!!!

In reality you have so many choices..in FM you open a webiste, which explains the effect from each half time talk sentence and that was it...after a few times absoluty pointless and stupid routine.

Teamtalks as they are done in the game right now are pretty pointless and don't reflect real life at all.

I actually do train and manager a real-life team and the team talks at the beginning of the game are about basic tactics, set pieces, and motivation, reminding players of their roles etc.

At half-time we need to be able to talk about what we are doing well and what we are doing wrong, how to negate the opposition tactics, picking players up if losing, keeping their heads straight if winning.

At the end of the game, even if the game has been won, certain aspects need to be quickly mentioned, especially goals conceded.

The teamtalks in Fm are still too basic and too much guesswork.

Totaly agree!!!

In reality you have so many choices..in FM you open a webiste, which explains the effect from each half time talk sentence and that was it...after a few times absoluty pointless and stupid routine.

Well that's your own fault for taking the mystery out of it really then ;)

I agree there could be more options and a lot more variety but I don't neccesarily think its importance was overstated... most matches my team talks did nothing and most players got similar ratings at the end they did at the beginning, but in the key matches they made all the difference, and as mentality is as important as anything in those matches I think it's quite right the effect they had

I think that teamtalks are very important IRL and are refected as so in FM however the problem is that there aren't enough options and each option is too different to the next so after a while it is easy to work out exactly what to say and so becomes repetitive but unfortunately that is very hard to get around when people play the game as much as we do!

Archived