ARRRRRRRR me hearties

Some here will know of the issues that arose with FM08 when users tried to continue their demo save with the full version, which ultimately screwed up and resulted in many genuine owners of the game being treated as pirates by the coding if they tried to use that save . With the demo version of FM09 only a few days away, can anyone offer any insight into whether this will be an issue this year or will i be able to successfully carry my demo game across without being assumed as a pirate?

Not sure exactly but I remember people complaining about euro fixtures being messed up in fm08 and then it being brought out that it happened in cracked and/or pirated versions of the game.

Pretty much this iirc. SI had coded certain things into the game that were only supposed to be activated in pirated copies eg small teams getting into the EURO's. However, it ended up that demo saves also elicited the same reaction from the game, essentially deeming legitimate users pirates. When users with this problem asked about this on the forums they were demonized about stealing food from peoples tables by an SI employee.

Hence i start the thread and ask the question. Dont want any wild accusations flying my way if there is the same problem this year.

No, It'll be fine.

That was in the stop copyrighting, unfortunatly the game read the demo as a pirated game.

But as we have the registering this year, there was no need to put anything in to stop copyrighting.

So now you can carry on your demo like any other game.

Don't see why you would want to though, it only has a small DB and you can only have 1 country loaded...

Archived