FM09- Will youth coaches have a purpose?

I asked a question a while ago about what youth coaches do that senior coaches can't and there was not one person that i heard from who knew. All they could do was coach youth players, which coaches could do also. SO in FM09 are youth coaches going to play a more vital role? Because they definitely do irl.

Youth coaches are more likely to have a high attribute in "working with youngsters", so there is a difference between them and a normal coach. A coach with 1 in "working with youngsters" would be no good coaching a youth team.

Tell me this, if there is a coach who has fantastic coaching stats but a working with youngsters of 1, and a coach who has terrible coaching stats but a working with youngsters of 20. Which would improve the youth player more? Unfortuantely the answer was the good coach. I'm hoping in 09 the youngsters mental atts will be improved by a good youth coach.

Tell me this, if there is a coach who has fantastic coaching stats but a working with youngsters of 1, and a coach who has terrible coaching stats but a working with youngsters of 20. Which would improve the youth player more?

TBH the simple answer is, neither are of the desired quality so look elsewhere.

If you pay attention to training it shouldn't make much difference anyway. if someones got 20 on fitness training you want them doing strength and/or aerobic anyway, not goalkeeping or set pieces. Youth coaches are only really useful when you get a really big team - I think the working with youngsters stat does make a difference even if it's slight, but when you've got wonderkids in your youth team slight difference is the difference between cristiano ronaldo and stewart downing...

From what I've seen until now...youth coaches demand less wages...can develop youth players to some point even if they have low stats (except coaching youngsters which is most important) and you can probably sometimes sign them even if your club restricted you in purchasing another coach. But if your youth player progress enough, at some point his training will be useless cause he need better coaches, facilities...

For example...if you have player with PA of 200...he will never reach it in team with mediocre coaches, facilities...it's programmed like that.

The "cheat" that always work is that you can alway hire ass manager and then offer him a coach job, then hire another ass man...and so on...

I found that my incoming youth players were of better quality when I had a decent staff to recruit and train them. I also found that once they got to my club, their training improved at a faster rate and their values went higher faster so they could be sold off easier, if I wanted them to be.

Archived