Oh god... don't know what else to try

VMX

Could anyone tell me how to stop this kind of stuff from happening?

- One

- Two

I'm obviously playing as Zamora.

I'd like to emphasize that, in the first one, the goal I conceeded was from a more than weird penalty kick.

My tactics seem to be working wonders. I completely seem to dominate matches (my fans also think so, not just me, lol), and creat loads of great chances. I have reeeeaally good strikers (valued at 20M and so), and there are some matches that I win like 5-1 or things like that.

Still, this keeps happening from time to time, which leads me to stay in the same place of the league table regardless of what I do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Might want to go to the tactics forum.

But there are a couple of things - play slower perhaps, slightly narrower, make sure left-footed strikers are in the right striker position and vice-versa, get a better set-piece taker...

Some will argue that it is your tactics and you should deploy different ones

Personally I've always argued that if you are creating that amount of chances, your tactics are obviously working well. It's simply the poor match engine in last years release that is to blame. I don't care to remember the amount of times I witnessed Rooney and Tevez going one vs one with the keeper every game, only to constantly miss and have the game end 1-1

Might want to go to the tactics forum.

But there are a couple of things - play slower perhaps, slightly narrower, make sure left-footed strikers are in the right striker position and vice-versa, get a better set-piece taker...

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, due to my style of play, I'm already playing narrow and with short passes and slow tempo - which seems to work great! If you see the matches, all the chances are mine and the opposing team is usually stuck at 0 shots during most of the match... until they score. Despite the possesion stats (which seem a bit odd to me), in the match highlights, which are set to EXTENDED, there's not a single chance for them.

But then something weird happens where they just score a goal. Something like their rubbish striker with 12 jumping and 10 heading wins the header to my central defender who has 20 jumping and 18 heading, and sends the ball to the back of our net while it somehow passes "over" my goalkeeper, who seems to stare a it... if you know what I mean.

first one i would say that your tackles won percentage is pathetic but generally it happens you get games when you cant win, just break it down make sure that you work on set-pieces and also change tactic is your not winning etc.

Well, I'm winning half of the tackles. I guess it's due to the fact that I LIVE in their box, the match constantly takes place near their goal, so their constantly tackling me and defending, while I spend most of the time attacking and with the possesion of the ball. If someone is going to get tackled... it's my players, not theirs. When they happen to recover the ball, they hit a 50 meters kick to hand it over back to me because they can't keep the possesion due to my pressure... so it's not like the game gets in a situation where my team needs to tackle much. Probably just in counter attacks and one on ones, which in the end lead to nothing most of the times.

How attacking is your style of play? I'm guessing very as generally, teams that play with very attacking tactics create loads of poor, half chances. Reduce this a little and you will probably see your team create less chances, but take more. And your possibly see your team less exposed on the break.

Could be simply down to the tempo you play.

If you play at a fast tempo, your players will snatch at chances and more often than not miss/hit straight at the keeper.

Your opponents however are most likely counter-attacking and taking their one good chance.

Re match stats and tempo a comparison between slow and quick - from the testing I did with Arsenal

quick narrow tactic 18 competitive games (This is my 107pts Tactic)

W17D0L1

Opposition SOT 24 Goals 5 OFF TARGET 30

Arsenal SOT 175 Goals 47 OFF TARGET 195

slow wide tactic 18 competitive games (This is my 106pts tactic)

W16D2L0

Opposition SOT 55 Goals 15 OFF TARGET 46

Arsenal SOT 166 Goals 48 OFF TARGET 206

Basically same team and matches and the 107 tactic is very attacking compared to a balanced 106 tactic.

Archived