Head to Head

I believe that having manager head-to-head records in the game would be a great addition. I know that we already have "past meetings" between two clubs, but, as far as i know, we don't have anything of this sort between individual managers. Like when Curbishley came to West Ham....and had never beaten SAF....and then went and won 1-0 at Upton Park. That meant so much more because that was not only an important win for the hammers.....but because it was also his personal first win over Sir Alex. Just to see how you fare against certain managers in the game would be so exciting in my opinion.

Long time reader, first time poster by the way :)

Its cosmetic yea but I like a lot of the already cosmetic features in the game and this one would be so simple to add that I don't see why not, I'd check it every now and then when going up against a good manager.

I'm probably in the minority here but I dont think it would be particularly useful and would just be yet another pointless cosmetic feature.

It would be cosmetic but not pointless. Many gamers, myself included like stats and this sort of thing would be good for us.

Also, this could spawn more media items revolving around that fact. You watch SS, read papers, all these stats are mentioned. More media surrounding games, especially big ones would be great, not pointless at all, IMO.

Also, this could spawn more media items revolving around that fact. You watch SS, read papers, all these stats are mentioned. More media surrounding games, especially big ones would be great, not pointless at all, IMO.

Thats what concerns me about this Neji. There is already far too many repetitive questions from the media in the game and I am worried that this would be another one. I can just picture it now. Your about to play e.g Arsenal and a question pops up saying something like 'This is now your 4th meeting of the season against your old advesary Arsene Venger. Do you think your team will finally win against your old foe?' So unless questions from the media, like the transfer module, has been vastly improved I really wouldn't like this in the game as imo there is already too much of it there.

How bout an option, as some managers do, to set your assistant manager to answer all media questions? Personally I enjoy answering them, so I'm looking forward to the press conference feature, but I understand how they can get annoying for a lot of people.

Thats what concerns me about this Neji. There is already far too many repetitive questions from the media in the game and I am worried that this would be another one. I can just picture it now. Your about to play e.g Arsenal and a question pops up saying something like 'This is now your 4th meeting of the season against your old advesary Arsene Venger. Do you think your team will finally win against your old foe?' So unless questions from the media, like the transfer module, has been vastly improved I really wouldn't like this in the game as imo there is already too much of it there.

*shudder* I agree, I certainly don't want more stupid questions like that :D

What I was trying to get at is that more media items such as this around match day could appear. No questions, just like extra snippets of information to give you more of a sense of build up. Like I said, probably more to do with big matches that anything else.

trekman, to be fair, i completely agree with you in that sense. I'm sure that many people also believe that answering "no comment" is much easier than risking to fire your players up or demoralising them.

In contrast, I just think the idea would be good as an added stat ( not included as a possible press question). I enjoy reading the past meetings section, especially if they are serious rivals.

Imagine, you are in a cup final against a manager that you have not won against in the previous 10 meetings. And you win. Not only a cup, but surely an important personal win also.

Although not as major as the transfer revamp or the 3D engine by any means, I thought that it would be a nice addition that would be "relevantly" easy to implement into the game.

Archived