What is vital

I f your new to the game, When you take control of a club what are the most importantthing you need to lern to do or tasks that should be done..?

is it a case of spending hours doing training and getting in coaches or just getting to the games so you can start to play around with tactics etc.??

any advice or tips welcome.

For me the first things i do is sort throught the staff to make sure i have the best available to me and thus improve my squad quicker, if starting with a semi pro team i try and get everyone on full time contracts for the same reason, to improve them faster.

Then it's on to sorting out tactics where i'll watch extended highlights for a few games to perfect them.

First thing I do is check out each position and write a list of where I need to improve ie buy better players.

The next thing is sorting out tactics, creating a tactic tailored for the type of players I have, then hopefully I can start to buy players for the tactics I want.

In addition -

1. do you have friendlies too close together? I cancel any that are only a couple of days after the previous one, and try to arrange any I might need to take me up to a week from the first game.

2. shortlist all players above a certain value and go through them all quickly, removing the ones I just don't fancy for whatever reason. The remainder will be scouted before the end of december.

Archived