Bwin Liga Question

OK so in my last game I went through managing Sporting for a couple of seasons and I noticed that there is no "reserve" team in the league. I'm not talking about a reserve league, just a reserve section, like the Serie A has. I found it really annoying that all players over the age of 19 had to be in my main squad list and it made it frustrating when I was picking out my players. Why is there no Reserve section? Serie A doesn't have a reserve league as well but they've been given a section for it just so you can put the weaker or loaned out players there.... is that a bug or?

yeah, i found it annoying and quit my porto game before it got started. it has something to do with squad rules in portuguese football, as in there has to be a maximum amount of players over 23 (i think that was it, i'm not sure), but the majority of the squad has to be younger than that. a b-team/youth team would be pointless. check the league rules on the league table screen to confirm for yourself.

some people find that checking the "exclude unavailable players" box works for them, but that only works if you have loaned out all of the youth & fringe players, and its not a fixed option. you have to redo it at startup. i think.

OK so in my last game I went through managing Sporting for a couple of seasons and I noticed that there is no "reserve" team in the league. I'm not talking about a reserve league, just a reserve section, like the Serie A has. I found it really annoying that all players over the age of 19 had to be in my main squad list and it made it frustrating when I was picking out my players. Why is there no Reserve section? Serie A doesn't have a reserve league as well but they've been given a section for it just so you can put the weaker or loaned out players there.... is that a bug or?

Complain to the portuguese researchers. Their opinion is that because there's no reserve league there should be no reserve teams.

Well, in fact there is a reserve league now for northern clubs only, but I doubt they'll add reserve teams this year anyway. I jusr edit the db out before I play.

We don´t have reserve teams in Portugal, so I just place all of them in the U-19s or loan them to feeder clubs, and free transfer the rest.

A little bit off topic, how about Benfica´s team in FM09: Pablo Aimar, Jose Antonio Reyes, Di Maria, Oscar Cardozo and Suazo :eek:

We don´t have reserve teams in Portugal, so I just place all of them in the U-19s or loan them to feeder clubs, and free transfer the rest.

A little bit off topic, how about Benfica´s team in FM09: Pablo Aimar, Jose Antonio Reyes, Di Maria, Oscar Cardozo and Suazo :eek:

I agree they'll be great. Also after a few seasons in FM the defense will be world class. David Luiz, Sidnei, Miguel Vitor, L. Sepsi (on loan). Fellipe Bastos and Urreta are also under 20 yrs old, so they'll be great too! :)

Archived