Match of the day

You know 'Match of the day' that comes on BBC 1? Ok...for future FM's there could be something that lets us see highlights of all the premier league matches, but the matches would be like 1-3 minutes long for each match.

Also this includes 'Goal of the season' and also at the moment we have 'Player of the year', 'World player of the year', it could clips of key passes, skills goals of that player.

But the good thing about this might be that when the match is showing the camera angles change to make it look more like it does on t.v.

I think he means as in a little sort of 'packaged show' like MOTD. I remember in LMA(? Could be wrong) they had a mock motd. It would be presented as a TV Show and it would show highlights, horribly done but it was a good idea at the time.

this is the first -for-future-title idea that i genuinly fully back.....great idea to whoever posted it errrm Naive.

i know you can look individually at all the goals etc but a "match day round-up" option would be amazing. Ecspecially now with 3D (humph). Even better, i think you should have the option to watch this round-up before actually seeing the other peoples results so you are anticipating what will happen, who will score next......a very, very nice little feature for SI to think about.

I think he means as in a little sort of 'packaged show' like MOTD. I remember in LMA(? Could be wrong) they had a mock motd. It would be presented as a TV Show and it would show highlights, horribly done but it was a good idea at the time.

i will shamefully admit i had the LMA in question and although the general quality was appaling, the idea behind it was very good. (Remember those terribly dull commentators?)

Thats exactly what I meant...like all the goals in a package type of thing, if it were to watch in 2D it wouldn't matter but since we have 3D I thought it would be cool.

You don't need to look at them individually.

You click the link and it takes you through each goal, one after another.

What Ackter said - it's already there.

Not sure I want SI wasting development time on an in game TV show tho, I'm sure there's still plenty to be done with existing parts of the game, plus the 2D highlights are repetitive as hell as is, cannae see 3D looking much different.

What Ackter said - it's already there.

Not sure I want SI wasting development time on an in game TV show tho, I'm sure there's still plenty to be done with existing parts of the game, plus the 2D highlights are repetitive as hell as is, cannae see 3D looking much different.

Althought, I posted about the TV Show thing - I dont think I'd like to see it in FM. Its very gimmicky and would have to be done right, I also think that people would be impressed with it for about a week the never use it again.

In honests truth I have never seen that in FM08 lmao, and I play FM08 like at least a few hours everyday, checking it out now. I think the 3D version would appeal to me far greater than the 2D.

Me neither, its one that slips under the radar I think.

Thanks Ackter for pointing it out :D

So manager's never watch other matches/highlights?

I don't want to see a TV show in the game, would just like to be able to run through other games goals with one click.

Well if that feature is in FM08 then obviously it will be in FM09 and you will be able to view it in 3D so i'm happy :)

So manager's never watch other matches/highlights?

I don't want to see a TV show in the game, would just like to be able to run through other games goals with one click.

Maybe some managers do, but it's not part of the job. I presume some of them have sex with their wives. Doesn't mean we should be able to that! And if you click "view goals" or whatever it says, you'll be able to watch all the goals of that day's games.

It's amazing how many features FM has that most people haven't even noticed.

Some people don't know you can change the tone of manager mind games for example - there's a "Type" drop-down in the top right of the screen that allows to select different types of comments.

The link is called "Replays" and you can choose to view just the goals or key highlights from the day's play.

Just checked it out, works. I just don't like the way when once match finishes it goes and says 'Generating match report', instead it should load in the background and say 'Liverpool Vs Arsenal' only for the highlights.

Maybe manager's do, but it's not part of the job. I presume some of them have sex with their wives. Doesn't mean we should be able to that! And if you click "view goals" or whatever it says, you'll be able to watch all the goals of that day's games.

Awesome humour posts today Mike.

I do think that it is part of a managers job to watch other teams play though. Like I said above, I wouldn't like a Tv Show happening but I thought Id argue with you anyway :D

It's amazing how many features FM has that most people haven't even noticed.

Some people don't know you can change the tone of manager mind games for example - there's a "Type" drop-down in the top right of the screen that allows to select different types of comments.

Thats slipped me too, SI never even tell us these features, how are we supposed to know?

Awesome humour posts today Mike.

Thank you, Neil. ;) I guess I'm wasted on these forums!

Thats slipped me too, SI never even tell us these features, how are we supposed to know?

That is a fair point. Unless there's somewhere where they do tell us and I've missed it.

Ok this might seem like I am pushing for something that you people don't want but cant the match highlights lead from one match to the other? The end of one match should show stats for like 10 seconds, then go to the next etc to match it seem more free flowing match of the day type rather than 'Match' 'Loading 'Match 'Loading 'Match, you get the point :D

Ok this might seem like I am pushing for something that you people don't want but cant the match highlights lead from one match to the other? The end of one match should show stats for like 10 seconds, then go to the next etc to match it seem more free flowing match of the day type rather than 'Match' 'Loading 'Match 'Loading 'Match, you get the point :D

Ok what about what I have said here? Who agrees with this?

Thank you, Neil. ;)

I've changed my mind. I don't like you now! Calling me Neil just to wind me up now :thdn:

:D

Navie, can I just ask what is the point in making a post and then making another one a minute later to ask for peoples opinion?

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but I've seen you do it before and it just seems pointless to me :thup:

Yes, this would be excellent.

Its easily mistakable :)

So it seems. Many people have taken to calling me that now :(

How about this feature?

Thats another one I didn't know about for the longest time. I actually made a post suggesting that SI should include this in 09 - someone quickly pointed it out to me :o

So the whole thing would go like this...

Screen showing: Welcome...premier league saturday roundup

Then you would get a screen: Arsenal Vs Tottenham (Where is says generating match report that would be done in background)

Next: Then the team formations of both teams would be shown

Next: goals/highlights will be shown

Next: Full time game stats

Next another match: Middlesbrough Vs Blackburn

Then same thing over...

At the end: It will show what table was like before games and what its like after games, also it will show best goal of the day etc

This is just an example

So the whole thing would go like this...

Screen showing: Welcome...premier league saturday roundup

Then you would get a screen: Arsenal Vs Tottenham (Where is says generating match report that would be done in background)

Next: Then the team formations of both teams would be shown

Next: goals/highlights will be shown

Next: Full time game stats

Next another match: Middlesbrough Vs Blackburn

Then same thing over...

At the end: It will show what table was like before games and what its like after games, also it will show best goal of the day etc

This is just an example

Sounds a bit too much like a TV show to me. I'd prefer to be able to ask your assistant to provide a video of the games and goals. Perhaps he could add a few comments on each game.

So it seems. Many people have taken to calling me that now :(

Thats another one I didn't know about for the longest time. I actually made a post suggesting that SI should include this in 09 - someone quickly pointed it out to me :o

i think i called you Neil about three times over the past couple of days- you may or may not of noticed it thanks to some quick proof reading and editing!

Archived