3d in highlights?

I would just like to say that i hope the new 3d mode is in the same form as the old 2d engine.

(full match, extended, highlights, commentary)

I hope it is not like fifa manager were games are fully shown and take around 10 minutes to play.

The game play is very frantic and unrealistic whereas in football manager the attacks are very realistic and take time to build.

The goals scored are very similar to those that happen irl but if the game is being crammed into 10 minutes of action i think that it could lose alot of its realism.

btw the 3d looks great cant wait for november :)

I think the 3D mode is just a way of representing wht the 2D mode has always calculated, hence, it should be perfectly possible for this to be shown as highlights. I'm sure someone from SI will correct me if i'm wrong :D

Related point - i'm wondering how quickly the 3D engine will run? Whether there will be the option to run it at the same top speed as the 2D engine, or if it will have to run slower due to it being mroe detailed?

I think the 3D mode is just a way of representing wht the 2D mode has always calculated, hence, it should be perfectly possible for this to be shown as highlights. I'm sure someone from SI will correct me if i'm wrong :D

Related point - i'm wondering how quickly the 3D engine will run? Whether there will be the option to run it at the same top speed as the 2D engine, or if it will have to run slower due to it being mroe detailed?

I would imagine it could be sped up, the FIFA Manager one can be. I know we're essentially talking about a different animal but I would imagine it to be the same in terms of speed options.

I would imagine they would do it like this, with the full match etc. I think it would be a mistake if they didn't have all the options. Looking forward to actually trying it out.

:thup: to SI for the announcement, really has built up the hype quite nicely. If only November was closer:(

Miles said, and he actually confirmed it again, that FM09 will be using the FML Match Engine which has been tested for over a year. Having been in FML beta myself, i can say that it is a big improvement from the 08 engine which is what the FML one was created from, i believe.

You don't see the actual engine. What you see is 2D representing the calculations. So all that's happening now is 3D is also representing those calculations. It's like, they're both reading from the same script, only one can act it out better than the other.

Hope that makes sense, and if i'm wrong, please say so.

That seems pretty logical DietSpam. Is there text commentary on the 3D representation? I saw the screenshots earlier but can't remember noticing there was and the site doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment. Hopefully the 3D representations will get rid of a few of the grey areas that were in 2D. Would you say it was pretty accurate in FM Live?

What i noticed in FML is the amount different types of goals. The play was very smooth as well. The widgets are going to be great. You'll pretty much be able to customize what is on your screen when you're viewing a match. If you look here http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=31 You can see that the interface changes a lot. One of the shots has the text like normal.

Thanks for that. It certainly is good to know from people who have tried it that its working well and i cant wait to try it for myself. I like the idea of the widgets as well. It certainly improves the interface as you wont need as many click while flicking through the different pages of stats. After all this was one of SI's main aims and it looks so far as if they have done a good job.

I wouldnt mind if you had to watch the full game, What i used to love playing was Lma manager 2005 where you could just relax and drink a nice cup of tea whilst watching your team in action :D

But i would like a skip option for those freindlies and some league games you just dont wna be in

Archived