Sacked. Twice in the same season. By the same club.

I started a Dagenham and Redbridge career game, Managed to get them from predicted 21st in League Two, to 10th place in the Championship. I'm not what you'd call a great player of this game, as it took me about eight seasons to do this. I was armed with free transfers only.

Now anyway, season nine, 25 games played, i've had to sell off my hidden gems I found for small fees the board accepted over my head (I'll just point out here, that although i've been a serial 'cheater' in the past.. I wanted, just this once, to play a game without a single cheat or anything, not even the smallest thing) - so i've got hardly any players of quality, and i'm appalling, sitting in the relegation zone with no money in the transfer kitty. I managed, through promotions and successes, to increase the seating from around 5,000 to 24,000. Because I regularly fill the ground, I've gotten around £9m in the bank.

Great, I asked for transfer funds, i've never had ANY.

Refused. The board have yet to see an inventment from the money i've spent already.

Uhh.. what money?

Well, I've gotten them from League 2 to the Championship and finished 10th the previous season.

Surely, surely, this one time, the dreaded ultimatum might actually work?!

Of course, I was sacked.

Fair enough, i'll just holiday to the end of the season, while highlighting 'apply for jobs' and see how Dagenham end up doing.

To my amazement, two months later, Dagenham have sacked their manager, i've applied in my absence, and they offer me my job back, amazingly, with a £6m transfer budget.

I accept, very happily. Sign some great bargains that were transfer listed (we're now in january) - some premier league quality 'decent' and 'good' strikers too.

Played 8, lost 2, drawn 2, won 4.

Still in the Relegation zone, only 2 points from safety now (We were about 10 from safety before I took over) - and i'm sacked.

Again.

By the same club.

In the same season.

My reputation has now gone from Continental to National.

Damn you, Dagenham.

So yeah, I felt like ranting, and I like this place enough to do it here.

I was going to get relegated if I didnt sign any decent players before the transfer window ended, no matter what tactics I tried or what teamtalks, I just didnt have players good enough to get us out of trouble. I knew if I could just sign three or four players, I might make it to the end of the season where I could get my bargain free transfers again.

And I proved it to them by winning four and losing only two out of eight games in my second stint.

So why would they sack me? I only spent about £3m in total!

Yeah I did, but not the way you're talking, I sacrificed all of the minimum transfer money to get a few more pennies available for free transfer wages.

Sort of answeres the 'what money' question, though. You chose to expend it on wages, not transfers. Not the board's problem :cool:

Great, I asked for transfer funds, i've never had ANY.

Refused. The board have yet to see an inventment from the money i've spent already.

Uhh.. what money?

Well, I've gotten them from League 2 to the Championship and finished 10th the previous season.

Surely, surely, this one time, the dreaded ultimatum might actually work?!

Of course, I was sacked.

You was sacked once. The first time they merely refused to cave in to your ultimatum and allowed you to resign.

That said, I play cheat free bar one small thing. I always save before an ultimatum.

i've never been sacked since the beginning of my fm07 career to now, but the board are unhappy that i'm not reaching the long term goals of the club (sevilla), despite offering me a new contract while i was on holiday at the end of season 3. i'm not expecting a miracle in the uefa cup or spanish cup semi final second leg, so i might jump before i'm pushed... retaining my impecable record :)

I was very lucky not to get sacked by Luton last season, they wanted me to win the Conference and I finished 5th on the last day and won the playoffs.

My cup expectations were not met either, and I was £2k over my £31k wage budget all season.

Archived