Football Manager on iPhone

Guest Hassan the bedwetter

Guest Hassan the bedwetter

Is there any plans to release Football Manager on the iPhone? It seems like it would be a fantastic idea and the touch controls would really work well with the game.

How would you even play it? It'd have to be seriously cut down... I'm not a big fan of the iPhone and FM on a handset, in my opinion, wouldn't be the right step to go. But as they say, it ain't up to me lol

I was just about to put up a post about this, when I found this..

I really think I would be a great idea to have FM in the iPhone!

I believe it's not a simple thing to do, since FM is a game that demands a lot from the processor, mainly while loading and saving databases. But, even if I had to abdicate some features, I would love to "continue" my pc game, during some time in a boring waiting room, in the tube, in the bus, in an airport without my notebook, or even in my place when I'm not really in the mood to turn up the pc. :p

I really believe it'd be a sucessful platform for game.. and, as the Bedwetter said, the Touch (actually Multi-Touch) screen opens huge possibilities of interactivity with the game screens.

Hope the guys from SI dont take this idea for granted! hehehe

I'm posting this from my iPhone right now :) The iPhone is certainly capable of running a mobile manager game as its processor is up there with the best. The touch screen would avoid the clunky menu systems of most mobile games. Battery life would be similar to PSP. Since touch screens are likely to become standard for next gen phones and handheld consoles then SI could get some early practice in. :)

I was thinking that... I don't think you can watch movies in HD playback, listen to music, play games, surf the internet, take pictures, use it as a satnav, use it as a messenger system as well as hooking it up to a TV to play!!

Some of them maybe... not all of them!

• 7 months later...
I was thinking that... I don't think you can watch movies in HD playback, listen to music, play games, surf the internet, take pictures, use it as a satnav, use it as a messenger system as well as hooking it up to a TV to play!!

Some of them maybe... not all of them!

Almost none of those things are relevant to whether FM could work on the iPhone. (However, of course you can use it as a satnav, surf the web, use it as a messegner system - and a darn sight easier than the PSP!)

Anyway, since there is a version of Sim City for the iPhone, I imagine the 'phone could handle at least some form of FM. Whether it could be as good as, or better than, the PSP game I have NO idea.

why bring back a thread thats over 6 months old?

Because I'm still very interested in whether an iPhone Fm could work. I know Marc Vaughan suggested it interested him, but I'd love to hear what level of sophistication the iPhone game could reach. As I said, if they can put Sim City on it, maybe they can do a pretty darn decent FM. But who knows?

Sorry that one thread popping back up after 6 months offends you to the point of needing to complain about it.

IMO this would be very difficult as they would have to virtually make a copy of the psp version to work on the ipod/iphone. Even if they do manage that would anyone want to give up the best part of 2gb or more on their iphone??

Manufacturer Apple Inc.

Type Candybar Smartphone

Release date Original: June 29, 2007 (2007-06-29)[1]

3G: July 11, 2008 (2008-07-11)[2]

Operating system iPhone OS 2.2.1 (Build 5H11)

Power 3.7 V 1400 mAh Lithium-ion polymer battery[3]

CPU 620 MHz ARM 1176,[4] underclocked to 412 MHz[5]

GPU: PowerVR MBX Lite 3D[6]

Storage capacity Flash memory (Original: 4, 8, & 16 GB; 3G: 8 & 16 GB)

Memory 128 MB DRAM[7]

Display 480×320 px, 3.5 in (89 mm), color LCD, 3:2 aspect ratio, capable of up to 262,144 colors.

Input Dock connector · Headphone jack · Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) · Bluetooth 2.0+EDR

Camera 2.0 megapixel

Connectivity Quad band GSM 850 900 1800 1900 GPRS/EDGE

3G also includes: Tri band UMTS/HSDPA 850, 1900, 2100, A-GPS[8]

Dimensions Original:

4.5 in (115 mm) (h)

2.4 in (61 mm) (w)

0.46 in (11.6 mm) (d)

3G:

4.5 in (115.5 mm) (h)

2.4 in (62.1 mm) (w)

0.48 in (12.3 mm) (d)

Weight Original: 135 g (4.8 oz)

3G: 133 g (4.7 oz)

Manufacturer Sony Computer Entertainment

Product family PlayStation

Type Handheld game console

Generation Seventh generation era

Retail availability JP December 12, 2004

NA March 24, 2005

PAL September 1, 2005

Units sold Worldwide: 50 million (as of February 2009)[1] (details)

Media UMD

CPU MIPS R4000-based; clocked from 1 to 333 MHz

Storage capacity Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick PRO Duo

Connectivity Wi-Fi (802.11b),[2] IrDA, USB

Best-selling game Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (2.7 million) (as of November 26, 2008)[3][4][5]

Successor PlayStation Portable Slim and Lite (redesign)

10 characters and all the rest

I expect that the first management game on the iPhone will be Real Football Manager. The action game is already in the app store and a touch screen version already exists for phones like the Tocco so it's feasible.

Archived