PPM For Strikers

Rounds the keeper (based on people's posts about having David Villa)

Places shots/curls shots (seem to finish better in my experience)

Depending on how you play: Likes to come deep, plays with back to goal or likes to beat offside trap

Just opinions though, not gospel :)

Thanks for that. I was think places shots as well but wasn't quite which other ones would be most effective.

Hopefully i can find one with a couple of those and the stats to go with it:)

Thanks for that. I was think places shots as well but wasn't quite which other ones would be most effective.

Hopefully i can find one with a couple of those and the stats to go with it:)

The attributes are key for sure. No point loving to round the keeper with pace and balance of 3!

I have too many defenders who love to shoot from distance/with power who have long shot or finishing of about 5. Thanks fellas, but no!

I have one well-known striker who has the 'comes deep' PPM; I wish he didn't since he's my pacey target man with 'run onto ball' set. Don't come deep fella, stay on the shoulder of the lumbering centre-back!

'moves into channels' is the one I look out for mostly. It depends on the tactical approach you're after though.

yeh if the oposition uses zonal marking this ppm is unbelievably good.....

its pretty much like playing against chelsea with a lone striker

'Looks for the pass rather than shooting' can be useful too but power/placement the best with beating offside trap.

All depends on how you want that striker to play though..

eg beating offside trap not particularly useful on a player like Crouch.

'Looks for the pass rather than shooting' .

I've never seen this on a player in the game, (not that I've looked specifically) - but If I ever did, I'd try teaching it to every youngster I could. If even half my team had this PPM, they'd score tons more goals every season.

I've never seen this on a player in the game, (not that I've looked specifically) - but If I ever did, I'd try teaching it to every youngster I could. If even half my team had this PPM, they'd score tons more goals every season.

You'd have the Arsenal team of a few seasons ago!

"Hey, I'm 5 yards from goal with an open net, I'll be a smartarse and play it back across to Henry/Fabregas/Gilberto. Nobody will expect that!" Whoops, chance gone!

"Hmm, a penalty... I could place it in the bottom corner easily, but just for the sake of team play, I'll pass to Henry!" *cue hilarious scene where Pires and Henry look at each other bewildered and the rest of the world point and laugh*

Not saying that will happen, it just reminded me of the various blatant overplaying incidents Arsenal trademarked!

Ello Nep.. I'm sure Monsieur Crouch of ex-Liverpool fame has it as a PPM. Managed to pick him up on a free for my Leeds team. Sadly I think only one pretty turd young striker picked it up.

I've yet to see it on anyone else.. A PPM search function would be nice..

Archived