Edited DB on 2nd computer

Looking for a bit of help here.

Currently playing FM on my home PC with a slightly edited DB.

Now, I want to also play my game on my work laptop.

So, I've copied the edited DB from My documents/SI/FM08/DB onto a memory stick and put it in the same folder on my laptop.

When I try to load my game I get a pop up saying the DB used to create the game can't be found and it's using the default DB.

But, if I start a new game on the laptop I have the option to use the edited DB I've pasted into the above file.

Can anybody help???

Cheers.

Yeah it does. Just make sure your DB is pasted into the same folder on your main PC and that it's named the same (not "Copy of" or "Shortcut to"), and then paste in your save game.

I can't think of a single reason why that wouldn't work, but I suppose you might potentially need to start a new game with your new database on the main PC to ensure the DB has copied fine, then load up your save once you're there.

But it should work. Assuming you haven't made some monumental "oh it's not plugged in" style snafu :)

Yeah it does. Just make sure your DB is pasted into the same folder on your main PC and that it's named the same (not "Copy of" or "Shortcut to"), and then paste in your save game.

I can't think of a single reason why that wouldn't work, but I suppose you might potentially need to start a new game with your new database on the main PC to ensure the DB has copied fine, then load up your save once you're there.

But it should work. Assuming you haven't made some monumental "oh it's not plugged in" style snafu :)

Cheers will give the new game a try.

It certainly should work in theory, if the database is copied over with the save, but from experience (ie the Wallace v Roberts thread in the challenges forum, where the save game is passed between users), it doesn't. It's a shame. If anyone does actually get it to work I'd be interested to hear.

Archived