Mesut Özil, Mario Götze or other?

I currently have Mesut Özil, but he wants to move to a bigger club (Despite us being league champions). I signed him in for around £14,000,000 (Pure Luck) at the start of the 2014/15 season. I can get £30-35million for him in a sale, which is a significant profit. I have an existing transfer budget of £29million ontop to find a replacement.

Now, before I put through any sale, i've been scouting the market for replacements. There aren't any outstanding Newgens for this position that I know of (That I don't already have), so I need a real player to fill the slot. One obvious choice comes to mind: Mario Götze. His physical stats are better, but Özil is better in other areas, and is settled into my club quite well.

CA/PA info:

According to Genie scout, Götze has a PA of 182 and a CA of 181.

Due to his long term contract, a bid of £50-55million would be required to make him leave.

Heres the two of them to compare:

x6dkx4.jpg

aqgsk.jpg

Is Mario Götze really worth it, or should I fight to keep hold of Özil? Is there any other players that people would recommend to fill this slot?

Well, Özil is of fairly obscene quality. It would be difficult to replace him. However, if he stays unhappy all the time then it's not too likely that you would lose more than an underperforming player if you sell him.

What is his position and role in your tactic?

btw you should not post the CA or PA values of players here. You can remove these bits via the edit option.

Well, Özil is of fairly obscene quality. It would be difficult to replace him. However, if he stays unhappy all the time then it's not too likely that you would lose more than an underperforming player if you sell him.

What is his position and role in your tactic?

btw you should not post the CA or PA values of players here. You can remove these bits via the edit option.

His position is Attacking midfielder (centre - though sometimes centre-right in my other tactic) and I just play him as an attacking midfielder with duty to attack, though now that I look he may be more suited to advanced playmaker.

EDIT: Apologies for the CA/PA spoiler too (Was fixed by a mod). I made sure the star values weren't shown in the screenshots, but I forgot about the numbers.

Buy Suso from Liverpool and develop him. He's always come out quite good for me. Or Toni Kroos from Bayern. Or Rasmus elm. He was a surprise for me. He was already at a team I moved to manage and he came out pretty well. All cheaper options than gotze.

If Ozil is becoming unhappy and it's affecting his performances then I'd probably sell him and buy Gotze if I was in your position. Gotze looks like a better player to me but it depends if you're okay financially (I guess it should be if you've won the league). I can't think of any better real players at the moment so if you choose to sell then go for Gotze.

I'd keep hold of Ozil as the £30-£40m you might get from selling him is in my experience not enough to buy Gotze

You're right. But Gotze is perhaps a little better than Ozil (Works harder, possibly more consistent, higher natural fitness and younger meaning i'll get more seasons out of him).

Buy Suso from Liverpool and develop him. He's always come out quite good for me. Or Toni Kroos from Bayern. Or Rasmus elm. He was a surprise for me. He was already at a team I moved to manage and he came out pretty well. All cheaper options than gotze.

Rasmus Elm doesn't show up for me, i'm running a small database with only the English leagues loaded, so only top players appear (i.e. teams in the european competitions). Kroos is valued higher than Gotze so even though he's not as good, he's going to cost around the same. Suso is 22 on my game and doesn't seem to have developed well, so he's not an option.

There's a few names who could replace him if Gotze is too much: Hamsik, Wilshere, Jovetic, Lamela

I already have Wilshire :D Playing him as a Central Midfielder. Hamsik and Jovetic are very good indeed. Hamsik is valued at £26million (So would probably require £70-80 million to leave I reckon) so he's not an option unfortunately. Lamela isn't good enough, but they're all good suggestions. I think jayahr is right, Ozil is basically too good to find a like-for-like replacement.

If Ozil is becoming unhappy and it's affecting his performances then I'd probably sell him and buy Gotze if I was in your position. Gotze looks like a better player to me but it depends if you're okay financially (I guess it should be if you've won the league). I can't think of any better real players at the moment so if you choose to sell then go for Gotze.

Financially, the signing of Ozil broke the bank at the start of the previous season, because he only became listed very late in the window (After i'd bought James Rodriguez and Jack Rodwell for around £15million each). I always had in my mind that I would sell him at a later date as I already had another AMC. But, my prized regen has stopped developing which is why I decided to keep Ozil.

After considering peoples input and suggestions, I've decided to keep Ozil for now. I might even sell James Rodriguez next season and buy Gotze, so I have both Ozil and Gotze :D

I do however highly recommend Gotze, I had him in one save and he turn out to be a carbon copy of Messi. Only stat in which Messi really surpassed him was balance but that was only by a point or 2

Looking at who you have already, you might even try not buying a like-for-like replacement. That regen may become as good fairly soon and Wilshire is a natural AMC IIRC.

In the end I'd say it depends on whether Özil keeps performing or whether his unhappiness affect his performances. In the latter case you will be better off selling.

To add one name to the list: At Newcastle I had Afellay in the AMC spot as an inside forward attack and after a clumsy start he became a very good player for me, scoring 15 with 10 assists.

Archived