England team 2020/21

I have just taken charge of England at the start of the 2020/21 season and what a struggle. England are ranked 1st but I don't know why, the players are passed it there is no decent players coming through. I'm having to play a team of players who not player for clubs 1st teams or players who don't have a club then rest made of like reserve players. Any ideas how to find or search for decent players.

Tried national pool, I cleared the 1st team and then went to the national pool and tried picking best players and there was'nt any good players. Think I may just resign after 2 games or just try my best with what I have got.

The best way is to go through all of the Prem and Championship squads yourself and look for the players you need. Also check the top teams in other big leagues to see if there's been any exports. Add anyone that looks good to your national pool (I tend to have about 60+ players in mine). Your U21/U17 managers will also add talented youths to the pool when it's time for youth matches so if you miss any up and comers, they'll be there waiting for you.

The player search shouldn't even be available to National managers imo.

IMHO managing a country is significantly less interesting than club management. One of my favourite parts of this game is making smart purchases (& sales) of players in order to build a great team. This element is completely missing in the national manager game.

Get yourself a club job is my advice!

Archived