Graphical attributes instead of numerical

i've never liked the graphical attributes. personally, its too difficult to tell what the stats are like.

That kind of why I like them, at least for now. I am just starting out with them so not sure about using them long term yet.

I used graphical attributes in FM07, the first game I played. I loved that I didn't know exactly what players attributes were. When I got FM08 I tried it with graphical attributes, but changed as I couldn't post images of my newgens in the 'Rate my Regen' forum. I got used to the numerical version and preferred it, for the simple fact it's cleaner looking. The graphical version gives me a bit of a headache now.

The game is meant to be played with the numbers, and I honestly don't see how playing with graphical attributes adds any realism. Sure, you don't see exactly how good the player is at the attribute, but keep in mind that the numbers we see are only on a scale of 1 to 20. That's not exactly a great level of detail, either.

I used graphical attributes in FM07, the first game I played. I loved that I didn't know exactly what players attributes were. When I got FM08 I tried it with graphical attributes, but changed as I couldn't post images of my newgens in the 'Rate my Regen' forum. I got used to the numerical version and preferred it, for the simple fact it's cleaner looking. The graphical version gives me a bit of a headache now.

Yea, if I post screenies I change it back as I know others are not keen.

The game is meant to be played with the numbers, and I honestly don't see how playing with graphical attributes adds any realism. Sure, you don't see exactly how good the player is at the attribute, but keep in mind that the numbers we see are only on a scale of 1 to 20. That's not exactly a great level of detail, either.

If it is meant to be numbers why did they out the option in? I thought that would mean it should be one of the two. Numbers is definitely greater detail but I'm not sure it adds realism. If attribute masking was stricter I probably wouldn't bother.

Never noticed that you can do it but I dont like it.

It is not for everyone but I am finding it okay so far and have made about 6 signings without seeing their exact attributes.

Good point, marty78. I guess reading a graphical attribute can be likened to reading an analog clock vs. reading a digital clock. It takes a bit more skill to read the analog clock, but once you learn the skill you see that you haven't really accomplished anything except learning that skill. The time you spent learning how to read an analog clock precisely has no benefit except being able to read all types of clocks, whether digital or analog. Which is my way of saying, the graphical attributes are interesting, but I don't see a benefit in switching to them in terms of adding realism or anything useful.

Archived