Longest Game Time (Not seasons)

Wondering if anybody has topped my record here. I am still playing FM09 and it's been 164 days now. I'm not really addicted to it, I've been playing it since 09/10. In season 2047 now with Man City. Everybody is of course a re-gen and I still love it. :p

I don't really leave the game on much when I'm not playing it and don't just click and choose team without looking neither. Do transfers every window, help other teams get good players some times, otherwise the game would get boring if I became the best.

Your longest game time?

Mine was back on CM... I think 99/00? (the one with crazy good sigporsson :p, and almost all of peterborough united's young players a future star)... I don't remember how long I played that but the addictedness rating hadn't change for a looong time lol... it was well over 100 days for sure... subsequent CM/FM never got close to that one due to uh... let's call it maturity... xD

Mine was back on CM... I think 99/00? (the one with crazy good sigporsson :p, and almost all of peterborough united's young players a future star)... I don't remember how long I played that but the addictedness rating hadn't change for a looong time lol... it was well over 100 days for sure... subsequent CM/FM never got close to that one due to uh... let's call it maturity... xD

Ahhhh yes. I signed him on any club I could and he'd go on to score multiple goals every match! Also signed loads of Peterborough's players... Jellyman, Davies, Etherington the main ones I can remember. Anyway, that was the first FM I had and I probably easily spent 100s of days on it seeing as how I didn't buy another one for many years. On FM11 and 12 so far I'm around 1000 hours played which is probably nothing compared to some of you!

2500 hours. Fm11. But maybe 25% of that time wasn't playing, I leave the game on when I go for twice daily walks with my dog, for e.g. or when its dinner time. Rather leave the game running for 30+ minutes than have to restart the program I guess :)

The year is 2039, but I have managed two clubs for the last 15 seasons, so that puts me, what, about 45 seasons in?

My FM10 save is at 70 days now and in season 2104. Normally get into it for about 2-3 weeks then leave it for a few months. Never really got into FM11 or 12 and cant seee me ever getting rid of this save.

As for the game im now back at Tottenham and once again have made them the best team, only reason im still there is i want another new stadium. Had one in my 1st spell named after me at 73k, after i left Rooney took over and they built a new stadium at 102k which is now 60 years old but they still wont build me a new one. Have the money and fill for every home game. Just don't see it happening now and want to move on again as its become very stale 11 straight titles and 5 straight CL, though i do want to see how long my 63 unbeaten CL games can continue for.

2500 hours. Fm11. But maybe 25% of that time wasn't playing, I leave the game on when I go for twice daily walks with my dog, for e.g. or when its dinner time. Rather leave the game running for 30+ minutes than have to restart the program I guess :)

The year is 2039, but I have managed two clubs for the last 15 seasons, so that puts me, what, about 45 seasons in?

No, it's still the same number of seasons no matter how many clubs you manage at once.

One season, two league titles (almost every year), two cracks at the Champions Cup each year. I wouldn't have started managing Sevilla if I had to face my former Juventus team each year (since I am still managing them I view the head to head games as win/win), or if I had to see someone (AI) dismantle the team. Its great to get the feel for the different leagues. In Spain there are about 5 good teams now, but when I came in it was still very much a 2 horse race between Madrid and Barca.

Italy lets you have a huge squad due to there being little in the way of restrictions (no player registration needed), but you are limited in how many non-EU you can bring in, which affects transfer planning (on Brazilians and Argies esp) in a big way.

Spain makes it a big tougher, with some players having to be registered for the B team, but as long as its mostly youth and you don't play more than 6 in one game its not very limiting. But, Spain lets you sign as many Brazilians, Argies, and Africans as you want, pretty much, due to the Cotonou agreement. And South Americans get citizenship after 2 years! So the non EU restriction isn't very limiting again, if you sign them at 18 or 19, they will be EU by the time you are giving them game time (but you can't register your non-EU youngster for your B team).

It has worked very well as my 'farm' team, but also when 10-14 year vets want to leave Juventus then I know I have one more shot to keep them 'in the family', and not let them play their peak years for a league or European rival!

No, it's still the same number of seasons no matter how many clubs you manage at once.

Archived