Players Star Ratings

I'm having a bit of a problem with some of my players, when i get a scout report on a player i want to sign it may say he has a 4 star current rating and it also says that as soon as i sign him, however, later on in the season i look again and it says he has 3 stars or even 2 and a half stars. Prime example was Fellaini who i signed at Chelsea, was recommended by a scout at 4 stars and he declined to a 3 star player. Just wondered if i'm maybe doing something wrong in terms of player development? I normally leave my players on the default training schedules ie - Fellaini on Midfield training, Terry on Defending training.

Same with my youth players in fact, Josh McEachran and Nathaniel Chalobah were both 4 star potential ability and were promising youth players so i promoted them to my first team squad, after one season of them in the first team squad and playing all Fa and Carling Cup matches, along with a few Premier League appearances they are now 1 star current ability with 1 and a half star potential ability. I have upgraded all my training facilities and junior coaching etc to state of the art but just cant get the best out of my youthies.

Can anyone give me some help on this?

the star ratings are judged in comparison to the rest of your squad and reputation etc..

so if you happened to sign other players aswell as those you mention it would affect their ratings... same goes for reputation changes etc...

general rule of thumb is not to pay too much attention to the changes .. it's just a pretty rough guide on the player.. nothing to judge them as the be all and end all of things.

Individual training focus. Use this to improve key attributes, or any weak spots. This is for all players, but especially those who cannot be tutored anymore. I always have this slider up to max, and it does show improvements. Then, like what has been said, tutoring tutoring tutoring. As for the star ratings, also as said before, just use them as a guide, then use the above techniques to improve your player

Mind you, tutoring will only affect Determination, plus a bunch of hidden mental attributes.

It's virtually no use tutoring a player with, say, 17 Determination and with ok personality, even though his visible mental stats are awful.

So in that case how will i know how good my player is? If the ratings are purely how he compares to my squad eg - Josh McEaechran might have 4 stars because he is valued as one of my best midfielders but how do i know that he is up to standard to the premier league or champions league?

So in that case how will i know how good my player is? If the ratings are purely how he compares to my squad eg - Josh McEaechran might have 4 stars because he is valued as one of my best midfielders but how do i know that he is up to standard to the premier league or champions league?

Read your coach report. It'll tell you about how his abilities are compared to your team and to a league in the nation you play. You can read about it in the top right corner.

If your midfield player has 4 stars and you play in the Premier league the coach report will most likely tell you that he is the best player in your team (or if there are other 4 star midfielders it'll say there are not much difference). Next the report will tell you that your 4 star player will be a leading star in the Premier league.

So the star system is a mix of how good a player is compared to players that play the same position in your team and in the league.

Archived