My Specs: Will FM12 work quickly?

I recently purchased a new laptop, an upgrade from my old, knackered one and I really want to play FM12...

I have the game, as I had it installed on my old laptop, but it ran slowly and it took up so much space that it slowed the rest of the laptop down with it.

I now have a Toshiba laptop with these specs:

Intel Celeron CPU B815 @ 1.60 GHZ Processor

4.00 GB RAM

64 Bit Operating system.

I also did a windows system rating check - it runs on Windows 7 - and got the score of 4.6.

That's, 5.3 for processor, 5.9 for RAM, 4.6 for Graphics, 5.8 for gaming graphics and 5.8 for disk data transfer rate.

The thing is, my laptop is now really quick, and I don't want it bogged down by the installation of FM and Steam...

Any guidance would be appreciated (apologies for the thread, I know there are loads of them about...)

You really should have researched laptops before you bought this one. It's an ok computer. But can't tell if it has a standalone graphics card.

If it doesn't then watching the match in 3D might be very slow.

I'd say it will be ok for small amount of leagues and small-mid sized database.

It's not the best processor, but it will get the job done in terms of running the game.

As it's dual core, with 2 threads - and has no hyper-threading, don't expect amazing performance.

You'll probably experience a bit of slow down if you've too many programs running, like itunes, steam, browser, playing vids, or anything like that at the same time.

The guys on here have found amazing computers based on people's budgets before. It would have been worth a punt.

Why not give it a go anyway? If you don't like it you can uninstall the game and steam.

Archived