Influencing Youth Intakes.

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no, but is there anyway in the game to influence the youth intakes?

As currently, managing Ajax 10 odd years into the game, I am getting 2-3 Goalkeepers every year that could potentially play in the first team. One youth product is my backup keeper, probably going to be become my first choice as the first choice keeper's agent hates my guts as I won't give in and let him have a 20% wage rise, match highest earner and £2.2m release fee :lol:. I've got four keepers in the youth team, three rated as potentially 3.5* and one as 4.5*, another keeper out on loan rated at 3.5* and I've sold four rated as 3* or 3.5* including big sell on fees. All of which is great but I they can't all play in my team had finding enough clubs to take them all on loan is a massive pain. I could really do with a decent striker coming through as the board keep spending money on the facilities and stadium, about £13m every year, and leave me with no money to buy a striker good enough for the team :).

Also can anyone tell me what junior coaching does? As it is the only option that isn't greyed out when I go to board interaction and I have no idea what it does.

Ah I thought that increasing the Junior Coaching budget was probably a good thing. Hopefully it will be worth it and this seasons intake won't have any good keepers. It's practially criminal the goalkeeping talent that is rotting in my reserves and youth team at the moment :(. I think I'll have to sell 2-3 more of them and supply even more teams across Europe with top class keepers :D.

It doesn't make sense to have so many potential first-team goalkeepers coming through anyway. There's only one goalkeeper in a starting eleven, after all, and outfield players, especially youngsters, end up playing many positions to get the required game time for development.

Archived