No one is interested in loaning my world class youngster?

I need to loan this player out as he's a non-EU player and I currently have the maximum amount but no one other than Real Madrid is interested (He won't go to them anyway as he refuses to be loaned out to a rival), I've offered him out at £0 transfer fee and 0% wage contribution yet there is no interest, from anyone.. It's a bit of a no-brainer to loan one of the worlds best wingers free of charge, is it not?

FedericoOjedaOverview_Attributes.png

FedericoOjedaHistory_CareerStats.png

FedericoOjedaTransfersContracts_TransferInfo.png

I think we all know the loan system is a bit messed up and I hope it's improved in the next FM's.

• Administrators

Part of the problem will be that most of the clubs will look at him and realise he's too good for them. The player won't sign for them so they know not to approach. You've said yourself the only side interested is Real Madrid. He's been a first team player for a La Liga side after signing for £12m so for most clubs he's a step too far. Saying that I agree someone should take him - but I do think this is more down to the players AI than anything else. This is something we will be looking into for any future version.

You're mad to be even considering loaning him out, 13 goals & 12 assists in the league & you want rid.

I'd also say that 23 is a little on the old side for him to be considered a viable loan target although for nowt there should be a few clubs biting if they have the space in their squad for a non-EU player, maybe a loan to but deal.

Might be worth just leaving him listed as available but not offering him out to all & sundry, there might be a few clubs who take an interest as who close in on deadline day.

Why would you load a player like that out?

The problem is he has played a season of first team football, and done magnificently, he will not want to move to 99% of clubs on loan, especially not when he is listed as an important first team player.

Yes the loan system needs work, but i really dont think this is a big issue.

It's a bit like Real Madrid offering out Angel Di Maria though, free of charge and everyone else in the world thinking sod that, he'll never come to us. Should at least have a go.

And I should be able to explain to my player why I want him to be loaned out and then he should be more willing to go through with it.

Most people would reject Di Maria on a matter of professional principle. :D

I agree with you point about being able to discuss the reason for considering loaning out a player with him (or his agent), the contract/transfer interaction module could do with a bit of fleshing out IMO.

@ milner, I'll use Joe Cole as the obligatory tenuous real life example of a senior player going out on loan just to get regular football once they became aware that first team appearances would be at a premium if they stayed put.

No, I'd like to be able to tell him I simply cannot fit him in because of his non-EU status and if this conversation was available and he threw a tantrum I would be fine with that, that would be realistic but the point is there is absolutely nothing I can do about this.

I clearly don't want to sell a world class player and performer just because he needs to wait another 150 days or so for Spanish citizenship. There's no point selling him because I do not need the money, do not want to get rid of a world class player and there's little point in doing so.

And onto another point, he's more than happy to go out on loan, he states in his general happiness he's hoping to gain first team experience from the loan.

Yeah but Joe Cole didnt have the season of his life previous to being loaned out. He was having a torrid time at Liverpool and the best option for and the club was for him to leave.

I'm not saying the loan system is perfect, but i cant think of a single occasion where a world class player has had a brilliant season, then been asked to go out on loan the season after.

The boy is a model professional, I'm sure if there was conversation available he'd be able to work with me and would understand the reasoning for me having to loan him out.

Currently though what's probably going to happen is that I'll have to place him in the reserves, he'll get angry and I'll be forced to sell him or something frustrating. I shouldn't be forced into having to sell him.

Gave in, registered Ojeda and tried to loan out a 21 y/o non-EU player, once again only Real Madrid were interested and the player rejected the chance to go.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Take it you've got a helluva first team going at Villarreal

Maybe a bit too good for my liking :(

I've had problems loaning players. My recent one was with one of my young goalkeepers who cried about wanting more first team matches, even though he's played about 17 games for the first half of the season. I promised to loan him out and he agreed. Come the transfer season, he refused to go out on loan to any club I offered him to, feeder clubs included. On the final day of the transfer market, he requested a transfer. :(

So, yeah, hope it gets better in later versions.

Archived