olympic final and community shield one after the other?

what happened to the rules at wembley about no matches so close together?

and it also causes a strange problem with players. can be thankful i wasn't playing mexico in the final, or brazil..

anyway

as you can see the 2 matches

294B3695E542C1919CB92FF4F99E8FEF1FDC2916

AF75202923D7347A34762E004B46AE01B5798BFE

same stadium, and the first shot shows the community shield is the following day

it also causes this

B35221F86B8A5C52FA724309DC35F67720960F29

the players who played the final are traveling

When I'm a manager of a rival team, I make sure to pick as many Man U (for example) players in my Olympic team as I can, so that I can ensure they can't beat me in the Charity Shield. Quite funny but probably unfair and only time will tell if there's an actual clash this year I suppose.

Usually go for Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Rooney, Welbeck; sometimes Scholes and/or Ferdinand. Obviously don't pick any of your own players for the squad.

I think the OP is thinking of the Wembley rules that UEFA had for the Champions League Final. Any stadium used for Champions Lge final cannot be used two weeks before the final. So its actually a UEFA 'cup final' rule opposed to a Wembley rule.

As people say the FA Cup semi finals are on sucessive days, the play-off finals are normally Saturda, Sunday and Monday while the FA Trophy and FA Vase are normally Saturday and Sunday.

They did have the issue with the Champions League final but that was a UEFA rule that they had to have control of the stadium for 2 weeks, think the Championship playoff final was played there a couple of days after but they couldnt play matches before

EDIT: was beaten to it!

Archived