Am I ever going to get a new stadium?

I've around 17 seasons into a save game with corby town. I've been an established premier league team for 6 seasons now and have qualified for the Champions league for the last 3 seasons.

But still i'm stuck in the s**t 12500 capacity stadium, Steel Park, despite filling it every game. In real life this stadium was only built in 2011. It can't be expanded further.

I have €38m in the bank at the end of the season and make profits every year. Still the board will not get a new stadium and I have NEVER had to option to ask them. It is always greyed out.

I saw that some people say you must wait 20 seasons between stadiums. 2 in-game years ago I changed the build date of Steel park to 2006. Still there is nothing despite it being 2028 in game now. It's really annoying as I'm no doubt losing out on many millions each year.

Anybody with a similar situation? also is the option to ask for a new stadium always greyed out? Also what time of the year is a new stadium usually announced? Just after the end of the season?

It can come at any point really, but the Chairman might be holding off until he feels he can afford to pay a loan back which is most likely what he will have to take out to pay for the stadium.

Hover the cursor over the 'build new stadium' option and it should tell you why you can't ask for it.

Thanks. Never knew this. It says "plan is currently being actioned". It might have said this for a while though. hopefully they'll announce one soon.

Thanks. Never knew this. It says "plan is currently being actioned". It might have said this for a while though. hopefully they'll announce one soon.

Yes it sounds like they are about to do so. It can take a few years to have the stadium built, though, so you'd still have to be patient. It is also unlikely to be very large. I'd guess in the 25-30000 region, with possible expansion to 40000 or something.

The game will not let you build a new stadium if your existing one is less than 20 years old, ie it wont be announced till at least 2031 in your case :)

Yeah this. You will not have a new stadium until twenty years after the previous opened. The new stadium can be ready to play in at this time so building will probably start in the next season or two for you. I have a long term save with Leicester whose stadium opened in 2002. I've just had a 59,000 seater open at the start of the 2022 season.

I've around 17 seasons into a save game with corby town. I've been an established premier league team for 6 seasons now and have qualified for the Champions league for the last 3 seasons.

But still i'm stuck in the s**t 12500 capacity stadium, Steel Park, despite filling it every game. In real life this stadium was only built in 2011. It can't be expanded further.

I have €38m in the bank at the end of the season and make profits every year. Still the board will not get a new stadium and I have NEVER had to option to ask them. It is always greyed out.

I saw that some people say you must wait 20 seasons between stadiums. 2 in-game years ago I changed the build date of Steel park to 2006. Still there is nothing despite it being 2028 in game now. It's really annoying as I'm no doubt losing out on many millions each year.

Anybody with a similar situation? also is the option to ask for a new stadium always greyed out? Also what time of the year is a new stadium usually announced? Just after the end of the season?

I gathered some information on building a new stadium, see the part about planning. Maybe it helps.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302978-Request-New-Stadium-Succesfully-on-FM2011?p=7696443#post7696443

Archived