Administration / Receivership Idea for FM2013

Hi All

One of my favourite challenges within the FM series is trying to save a club who have gone into administration and i think the following tweaks would help make it more realistic

1) When a club has gone into administration on FM you cannot offer new contracts to your top stars as the most you can offer them is £90 a week even if they're currently on £1000's. Therefore, trying to cut the wage bill is near on impossible unless you either sell the player or release players. My idea would be that the board will let you offer up to what they are on at present so you have a realistic chance of shaving £1000's of their current wage. So a player on 20k will definately decline a £90 a week (obviously) but they might accept a 12k a week contract with some nice clauses, therfore shaving 8k of the wagebill.

2) A new "team meeting" option where it allows you to get the team to agree to a 25%, 50%, 75% wage cut OR ask them to play for free for a few weeks / months whilst the club is struggling. Things like favoured personnel, favoured clubs and personality could come into this. For instance, a player who has you as his favoured personnel and has come through your clubs youth ranks may play for free until things are sorted just because he loves the club, whereas a volatile, prima-donna might want a transfer out of the club as soon as you mention pay cuts.

3) Fundraising friendly matches could be arranged with big clubs who may want to help out and if you are on friendley terms with their manager. This happened to Accrington in real life as they played a series of friendlies against Blackburn, Burnley etc which brought vital money into the club.

4) A new "ask the board" option that let's you ask them to sell the stadium. This in turn would make it so you have to rent the stadium off the new owners for a monthly fee but aid you getting out of receivership.

Anybody have any more ideas that might help improve this feature?

Thanks for reading

Super Jack Lester

1) When a club has gone into administration on FM you cannot offer new contracts to your top stars as the most you can offer them is £90 a week even if they're currently on £1000's. Therefore, trying to cut the wage bill is near on impossible unless you either sell the player or release players. My idea would be that the board will let you offer up to what they are on at present so you have a realistic chance of shaving £1000's of their current wage. So a player on 20k will definately decline a £90 a week (obviously) but they might accept a 12k a week contract with some nice clauses, therfore shaving 8k of the wagebill.

You can do that already when your not in Admin. Done it with quite a few players. However while in admin you need to raise funds and cut wages as soon as. So I think how it works currently is fine imo. Makes no sense to tie someone to the club longer and only saving a little bit of money. As you have to pay agent fees, loyalty bonus etc so you're just making the situation a lot worse.

3) Fundraising friendly matches could be arranged with big clubs who may want to help out and if you are on friendley terms with their manager. This happened to Accrington in real life as they played a series of friendlies against Blackburn, Burnley etc which brought vital money into the club.

You can already do this, just arrange friendlies against Europes biggest teams. You get quite a lot of money especially if you are low league.

Cleon, the arranging friendlies doesn't work as well as it has done in previous FM's. The bigger clubs now tend reject your offer of a friendly stating that they don't feel it would be of any benefit for them to play the game or something along those lines.

You can still get some decent names to come though, just takes time to filter out and go through the teams who will come.

I do agree with you on this. AI clubs go into administration but get out of it very easily within a couple of months, often without even a board/ownership change which is unrealistic in my opinion. They hardly lose any players in a lot of cases unless it happens at the end of a season where they can't afford to offer new contracts to those on near expiring contracts. In fact, this seems to be the only time where a club can collapse and fall down the leagues because they can't sign in either and have to rely on a threadbare squad and youth players.

Clubs should be forced into sales if they get an offer near the players value. There should be pay cuts and maybe even the administrator releasing players over your head to cut the costs of the club. FMers may not like the last idea but if you spend beyond your means then it should be allowed to happen to you as well the AI. To me, SI really do need to improve this side of the game.

Clubs should be forced into sales if they get an offer near the players value. There should be pay cuts and maybe even the administrator releasing players over your head to cut the costs of the club. FMers may not like the last idea but if you spend beyond your means then it should be allowed to happen to you as well the AI. To me, SI really do need to improve this side of the game.

I completely agree. But it should be improved on the AI side too because it's too easy to exit admin on all sides.

I agree with the adminstrators taking more of an hands on approach to try and get the accounts sorted. At present, if a player on 36k a week is not wanted by another club and is on a long contract, you cannot do anything to try and reduce his wages, sell him or release him (Far too much compo).

Archived