9 Djibril CISSE

11 Mamadou NIANG

12 Fabrice FIORESE

18 Elliot GRANDIN

21 Matt MOUSSILOU

26 Habib BAMOGO

29 André AYEW

just started with them 12.1 m to spend but i ask for more

Hulk, I think he's making a team thread. Holte, look at the other threads, try including stuff like wage budgets, where to strengthen, strong positions, best players, best youth players, reccomended players, rivals etc.

Hulk, I think he's making a team thread. Holte, look at the other threads, try including stuff like wage budgets, where to strengthen, strong positions, best players, best youth players, reccomended players, rivals etc.

Oh, right. Ok, I thought he was asking for help.

In that case, go on to wikipidea and you can copy the intro to the club from there.

If you've got experience playing as them, then like DiscoStu94 says, try to include the areas where you think the team is weak and try to include some recommendations on players that can be signed to strengthen those areas. I'm sure it'll catch on eventually. But it wont be going too fast I dont reckon as I doubt you'll find a lot of people playing as Marseille on here. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

sorry this my first team thread

Olympique de Marseille(also known as l'OM or Marseille) is a football team that plays in Ligue 1, the top level of the French Football League, based in Marseille. Founded in 1899, Marseille is the largest and most successful club in France. It is so far the only French team to have won the UEFA Champions League (in 1993), which rounded off their dominant run of four consecutive Ligue 1 titles. However, the club has not won a major trophy in over a decade. They also suffered from scandalous financial irregularities in 1994 which resulted in relegation from the top flight.

Nonetheless, the team is allegedly the most-supported club in France and regularly fill their imposing home of the Stade Vélodrome, which seats 60,013. Marseille's vast support continues to show unwavering and impressive loyalty to the club, despite having a lot of average and mediocre seasons since their return to the top flight. The fans continue to hope that Marseille will regain its former glory. Marseille also has the largest number of supporters associations outside its region in France.

need to strengthen

Gk

DR

2 DC

LM

RM

ST

best positions

DMC

AMC

best players

Lorik Cana

Samir Nasri

rivals

Paris Saint-Germain,Lyon and AS Monaco FC

Wage Budgets

£367k p/w (ask for more £655k p/w)

tranfer funds

£5.3 m (ask for more 12.1)

only just started so don't recomened any players yet

My transfers asked for more money and ajusted transfer funds

in

Vanger love 7m

van der vaart 5m 24 months another 5m

kerlon 2.6m

Jean 11 Makoun 3.5m 50%

gai assulin loan

matias fernandez 5m 50%

Marouane Fellaini 1.5m

federico fazio 3.8m 10%

loic abenzoar 1.5m

and some youngsters

OUT

Djibril Cisse to spurs 10m

Modeste M'bami to LOSC 5m

Gael Givet to Villarreal 5m

currently 2nd with Lyon 1st

Originally posted by Fr3$h:

I'm playing as Marseille too so its good to have this thread. Thanks icon_wink.gif

How did you get so much for M'bami? I can't get any takers.

i transfer listed him and put him to not needed by the club if that dosen't work just other him to clubs

Originally posted by HolteEnd:

My transfers asked for more money and ajusted transfer funds

in

Vanger love 7m

van der vaart 5m 24 months another 5m

kerlon 2.6m

Jean 11 Makoun 3.5m 50%

gai assulin loan

matias fernandez 5m 50%

Marouane Fellaini 1.5m

federico fazio 3.8m 10%

loic abenzoar 1.5m

and some youngsters

OUT

Djibril Cisse to spurs 10m

Modeste M'bami to LOSC 5m

Gael Givet to Villarreal 5m

currently 2nd with Lyon 1st

How did you get so much for Cisse, M'bami, and Givet? I'm lucky to get 20% less than they (M'bami and Givet) are worth when I'm playing Marseille

Anyway Cisse are underrated in the game IMO. It's a hard task to win the league with Marseille with Lyon being so bloody good, they don't have any weak sides really and usually (when I'm Marsille) buy top class players. Have tried to win the French league so many times, but it was only in my last game that I succeeded in doing so

Lyon are very tough to beat. I remember there were a few weeks where I won all of my games and I thought I must have pulled away at least a fraction. When I checked the table, Lyon were still equal on points.....it can be somewhat disheartening, however, it will make winning the league all the more satisfying!

I've just started my 2nd season. I just had a very solid result in round 1, 4-0 over Troyes, so I'm hoping that sort of form will continue.

Does anyone else find Cisse doesn't look to strong stats wise, but he really gets the job done? He just hit a hat-trick, following on from last season's 30 goal bonanza.

I've just started my 2nd season. I just had a very solid result in round 1, 4-0 over Troyes, so I'm hoping that sort of form will continue.

Does anyone else find Cisse doesn't look to strong stats wise, but he really gets the job done? He just hit a hat-trick, following on from last season's 30 goal bonanza.

I've never brought Cisse and managed him, but he always does extremely well on my games, he's not long hit 6 goals in one game just on my game, pretty impressive.

Yeah, its not an issue who you have up front, as long as they keep on scoring. Cisse, Nasri and Samba have been in epic form for me so far this season.

Cisse has 21 goals in 19 appearances and his value has climbed past the 10 million pound mark.

Nasri has 10 goals and 15 assists from AM so far too, so things are looking up for Marseille.

Unfortunately, still not a great deal of breathing room up top, Lyon just can't stop winning.

Yeah, its not an issue who you have up front, as long as they keep on scoring. Cisse, Nasri and Samba have been in epic form for me so far this season.

Cisse has 21 goals in 19 appearances and his value has climbed past the 10 million pound mark.

Nasri has 10 goals and 15 assists from AM so

far too, so things are looking up for Marseille.

Unfortunately, still not a great deal of breathing room up top, Lyon just can't stop winning.

lyon won't stop winning on my save it's very annoying

Thanks for the update HolteEnd.

For me, Ayew has a 6-star potential ability according to my ass.man, so he's definitely one for the future. I've also signed Miralem Pjanic who looks the goods too.

Hull in the champions league? WTF? Ive got them as a feeder team for my PSG side. Id reccommend Goucuff if you can get him, played very well on the Right wing for me. Bianchi slammed in goals for fun after I got him from Man City, as did Guillaume Hoarau who was already at the club. Roberto Cuevas will score lots for a striker who can be signed for under £250,000.

Arturo Vidal has played brilliantly at CB, and Sylvain Marveaux looks like he could be a very good LW in the future. Those are the players id suggest for Ligue 1, and as I got them for PSG im sure Marseille could sign them also.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, started as Marseille after my Bordeaux got corupted. And I want to bring the back shine to the club from Marseille , and of course want to stop Lyon in France. So I've asked for more transfer budget and I got £13M to spend. So this are my transfers:

Transfers in:

- Jeremy Mathieu for £3M from Toulouse

- Vitor Anichebe from Everton - Loan

- Guilherme for £9,5M from Cruzeiro

- Habib Bellaid for £4,5M from Strasbourg

Total: £17M

Transfers out:

- Milos Kristic for £1M to Chamois Niortais

- Karim Ziani for £3,5M to Lens

Total: £4,5M

Will update soon, I hope someone will join the thread, and bring Marseille back on top.

Ok an update to my game. Its really a fun game with Marseille.

So its like this in the league after 18 games.

I'm first in the league with 44pts 13wins 5 draws 0 loses. Paris is 2nd with 40pts, and Lyon is sitting in 3rd place. Had really good games vs Lyon won 2-0, vs Bordeaux 4-3. Hope it will stay like this till the end icon_wink.gif.

In Champions League I drew a group with Milan, Benfica and Celtic. And I've won the group ! First game home vs Benfica 2-0. Second game vs Milan away lost 1-0 they scored in 90' minute.., then Celtic away 1-1, and 3-1 home, then Benfica 4-0 away icon_smile.gif and at last won against Milan 3-2 at home !! If Benfica will win their last game vs Celtic, Milan will be out of CL! (I played faster the last fixture of CL because of World Championship for Milan)

Also got Aquino to play for me as he looks really really world class.

Cheers will update later icon_smile.gif

I see nobody want to play as Marseille icon_frown.gif People come on!

A little update of my game, after 29 games I'm top of the league with 64pts 18wins 10draws and 1 lose , in front of Paris SG by 3pts , and Lyon sitting in 3rd place with 58pts. I brought Gourcuff on loan from Milan, and even registered him to CL.

In Champions League in the 1/8 I got Sevilla as my rivals, got a good 2-2 result away with goals from Gourcuff and Krupoviesa. And the second game at home was a really ownage of Sevilla, 3 goals in 10minutes by Cisse, Guilherme and Gourcuff, they only anwsered with a last minute goal by Kanoute, and I'm through!! Now in quarter finals of CL I will face Arsenal so... I'll be out thats propably sure but Quarters for Marseille ? Great result I think. Best French team in Europe in this season icon_smile.gif Lyon got out at 1/8.

Olympique de Marseille Season 1

Ligue 1:

Before the season I said I'll challange the title, the season was long and hard, but I made it! Here's the final shape of the table:

tableeh1.jpg

It was a very good season, altough I got out almost immediately of league cup and French cup but... propably that made me win the league, great end of the season by Guilherme who scored 6goals in four last games.

Champions League:

I got to group with Milan, Benfica and Celtic, well in one of my last updates I said the scores here, but I'll remind you that Milan was only 3rd in group, with me and Benfica going to the next stage.

In the first knock-out stage I met Sevilla 2-2(A) and 3-1(H) granted me the pass to the next round. In the quarters my rivals were Arsenal, and I got a draw 2-2 (H) although really I could win this, lost two goals after corners couldnt stop Toure and Adebayor... Lost the second game 2-1, I had so many chances, Almunia had a great day.. Pity I lost but quarter final for Marseille is very good in my opinion. Arsenal won the CL so I can say I lost to the champion :p. And a screenie of my journey in CL:

clxb5.jpg

Well I won't mention about French cup and the League cup as I was playing reserves and I even wanted to lose and focus on League and CL.

Best Players of Season 1:

Greatest players that helped me in winning the Ligue 1, this ranking is made by me, so this players were the best in my mind:

1. Samir Nasri Very creative, created a lot of goals he was the brain of my team.

2. Jeremy Mathieu Very solid performer, I made him a Midfielder and he fitted perfectly a lot of assists.

3. Djibril Cisse Scored most goals for my team, top scorer of the league

4. Guilherme Great performances vs the big teams of the league, scored very important goals.

5. Habib Bellaid The only defender in my ranking but he was great, very solid in the back, and great when it comes to scoring after corner or free kick.

Transfers:

I was given a healthy £20M after saying I'll win the league. I knew I wont be able to hold Nasri in my team, after Chelsea, Barcelona and Milan chasing him so I knew I'll need replacements. Here are my transfers:

*Transfers in:

Arturo Vidal £6M from Leverkusen

Mickael Chretien £9,75M from Nancy

Oscar Cardozo £7,5M from Benfica

Daniele Cacia £4M from Fiorentina

Diego Rivas £1,9M from R.Sociedad

Matias Fernandez £17M from Villarreal

Alou Diarra £13M from Bordeaux

Balazs Dzsudzsak £3,7M from PSV (sorry for no screenshoticon_frown.gif)

Yoann Gourcuff loan from Milan

Nordin Amrabat loan from Milan

Andrea Gasbarroni 0£ free transfer (no screenshot coz I sold him after he came)

Total: £65M

*Transfers out:

Samir Nasri £32M to Chelsea

Djibrill Cisse £10M to Palermo

Mamadou Niang £8M to Blackburn

Lorik Cana £7M to Napoli

Andrea Gasbarroni £4,5M to Palermo

Benoit Cheyrou £4,2M to At. Madrid

Renato Civelli £1,5M to Torino

Laurent Bonnart £1M to Getafe

Total: £68M

I made some nice selling, I was thinking long about selling Nasri but... with £32M I was able to build a great team, Matias Fernandez prooves he's a an awesome player, Oscar Cardozo is just great....

First XI:

My first now looks like this:

GK: Mandanda

CB: Bellaid

CB: Vidal

RB: Chretien

LB: Taiwo

MC: Mathieu

MC: Diarra

AMC: Gourcuff

AMC: Matias Fernandez

AMC: Guilherme

ST: Oscar Cardozo

Thinking about signing Lloris next season, and selling Mandanda even if he's a very good keeper.

Champions Trophy:

And at last a 5-1 win over Lyon in the Champions Trophy icon_smile.gif

championscupgl2.th.jpg

Hope all screenies will work, see you at the next update.

Olympique de Marseille Season 2

Ligue 1:

I said my board that I'm gonna win the league and I made it, it was tough this time Paris with Briand were great, and I was fighting with them till the last game. Here are the top places in last season:

tableshortji4.jpg

Full Ligue 1 table

Champions League:

I got a tough group in the Champions League with Liverpool, Bayern and... Aberdeen. I managed to win the group, also Liverpool got through.

clgroupby8.jpg

First game was vs Liverpool at Anfield, and I've won it 3-2, second was vs Bayern home 1-0 for me. After that two games vs Aberdeen both won 3-0 (H) and 2-0 (A) then 2-2 (H) with L'pool and I lost the last game vs Bayern 2-3

After that in the first knockout round I've got Chelsea which I've won 4-3, lost 2-3(A) and won the 2nd game 2-0(H). After that I met Valencia won both games, 2-1 (A) and 3-0 (H). In the semis I met with Man Utd. lost the first game 4-1(A) and won 2-1(H) pity I was out but I think semis were a great result. Arsenal won the Champions League 2nd time in a row, heres a screenie:

clknockdw1.jpg

French Cup & Leaugue Cup:

In the French Cup I've got out really fast so nothing special. But I've won the League cup in the final I've won against Lyon 6-3.

pligismartsm2.jpg

Full screen of the game

Transfers:

I've got £22M for transfers, thought I'll get more but... in the winter I brought Lloris for £14M from Nice, and Quentin Othon for £1,2M from Grenoble.

*Transfers in:

Juan Riquelme £7M from Boca

Ignacio Camacho £4M from At. Madrid

Genero Zeefuik £2,2M from PSV

Marko Marin £2M from Gladbach

Jorge £1,1M from Malaga

Pedro Mosquera -loan from R.Madrid

Also brought in some players just to sell them:

Milan Baros £0 from Lyon

Marc Torrejon £0 from Espanyol

Julian De Guzman £0 from Deportivo

Stephan Appiah £0 from Fenerbahce

Thomas Sorensen £0 from Aston Villa

Total: £16,75M

Transfers out:

Balazs Dzsudzsak £12M to Man City

Steve Mandanda £7,5M to Middlesbrough

Stephan Appiah £4M to Udinese

Milan Baros: £4M to Portsmouth

Mathieu Valbuena £2M to Derby

Julian De Guzman £1M to Torino

Marc Torrejon £1M to Bordeaux

Thomas Sorensen £400k to Juventus

Total: £32M

Hope to win the league again and get at least to the semis in CL icon_wink.gif.

• 3 months later...

After winning the league with Marseille in my first season with a couple of point to Lyon I absolutly domineted the league in the 2nd season winning the league with 14 point down to Lyon in 2nd place (again), it could have been a larger margain, but I had to play CL all the way to the end of the season. Won the league btw at home against Lyon, sweet!

Reached the CL final after being in a fairly easy group with CSKA Moscow, Sevilla and Sampdoria, but then the easy part finished and only games against former winners of the CL started. First up were Bayern Munich where I started with a 3-2 victory in Germany before drawing 1-1 at home. Then a 1-2 defeat at Anfield, but won at home with 3-1. After beating Liverpool another English team followed in the semis, mighty Manchester United, it was goals goals goals in the games against them, I started with drawing 4-4 at Old Trafford and followed that up with a 3-3 draw home at Stade Vélodrome, wauw goals were flying in everywhere.

In the final Italian giant Inter Milan was waiting, dreaded facing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Amauri, but two early goals from Gignac and Nasri helped my nerves settle in, a goal from Amauri in the 27 min got my nerves right back up, but Jeremy Menez proved that the £13m I had spend on him in January were a good buy with a goal in the following minut. The game went on and in the 72 min Inter were awarded a very soft penalty against Zlatan, the Swede stepped up and send the ball into the back of the net. 3-2 and the nerves were right back on. Two minutes later Gignac picked up a loose ball after a clearing by Marcelo, stepped past Burdisso and slotted home a 25 year screamer 4-2 to Marsille and 16 minutes later club captain Lorik Cana could raise the Europea cup

olympiquemarseillenp1.th.jpgthpix.gif

Team that won the Champions League 2008/2009

GK) Mandala

DR) Frey (Bocaly)

DL) Taiwo (Pineda)

DC) Samba

DC) Stepanov

MC) Cana © (Kehl)

AMR)Yohan Gouffran (Zarate)

AMC)Nasri (Forrestieri)

AMC)Belluschi (Ziani)

AML)Menez (Dica)