help wanted - yellow cards

What do they get yellow cards for?

Aggressive tackles?

Late tackles?

Off the ball incidents?

Pulling shirts?

General aggressive play?

I certainly wouldn't be setting tackling to light as standard.

You need to identify why your players are getting cards and then look at why.

I wish I could help because right now I got exactly the same problems. If this wasn't a game I'd easily swear that the referees have made it personal against my team...the slightest touch and I get yellows,but the other teams need to practically kill one of my own players in order to even whistle a foul!

I'm leading the yellow and red card charts while at the same time I had the most injuries throughout the season...I even had an occasion where one of my players got injured for 8 months but absolutely no foul was whistled. Oh I'm sorry mr.referee...he must have completely annihilated his leg bone structure while he was pretending to fall down...that explains it! And this keeps going,I see my players getting thrown to the ground over and over and over again,but nop,fouls are for the girls apparently!

okay so just watched the last matches highlights(well yellow card lowlights) and it was as follows:

1st: Lavezzi, challenges for ball in area, their player goes down from the challenge..

2nd: Srna challenges on half way line and the opponent stumbles but keeps ball..

3rd: Yarmelenko challenges from behind(first i agree with)

4th: Renato Augusto, identical to the first, on the same defender as well.

5th: De Jong swipes across front of their player near half way, probably justified yellow card

6th: Pastore misses ball when its coming from the sky and catches his opponent

And their only yellow card in the 85th min was for injuring my left back.

Playing in the Italian league by any chance?

I've always found refs are harsher in Serie A compared to the EPL and maybe a few other nations. You need to allow for this when constructing your tactic and be aware of the refs record in the build up to a game.

Some players are also more prone to picking up cards than others through either general aggressive play or through a lack of tackling ability (3 in your example went to attacking players), something you perhaps need to consider when purchasing players/building tactics.

Playing in the Italian league by any chance?

I've always found refs are harsher in Serie A compared to the EPL and maybe a few other nations. You need to allow for this when constructing your tactic and be aware of the refs record in the build up to a game.

Some players are also more prone to picking up cards than others through either general aggressive play or through a lack of tackling ability (3 in your example went to attacking players), something you perhaps need to consider when purchasing players/building tactics.

Serie C1/B for me,but yes,Italian league and the refs are absolute trolls...

am actualy in France. Changed formation and the cards stopped for some reason, i don't really understand it. Maybe too much space was between players so they felt the needs to make rash challenges to hold up play or something, but less cards now with a flat 4-4-2

am actualy in France. Changed formation and the cards stopped for some reason, i don't really understand it. Maybe too much space was between players so they felt the needs to make rash challenges to hold up play or something, but less cards now with a flat 4-4-2

If they are being skinned and forced to tackle on the recovery they will give away more cards, does sound like they were being forced to tackle on the stretch

Archived