League with fewest WP/HG restrictions

Hi

I'd like to start off in a league where there are minimal restrictions on playing 'foreign' players or non-home grown. What leagues do people have experience with? I recall Holland in older versions, not sure if that still holds? Have just played a game in Belgium where you can sign who you want, but you must have 6 HG players in the squad. Can make some of the game quite tough as my youth set-up churned out tripe every year and it was hard to make money as the current transfer system (like many people seem to find) meant selling players was nearly impossible.

Thanks

Thanks all. Yes, I had a good career in Holland in FM10 I think it was. I shall check out Portugal too.

Belgium was fun - but has such a low rep it will take a while to build them team rep. Finished 2nd three years running - but £4,000 a week in wages for a player would cripple me, whereas the bigger teams were playing £30,000 a week plus.

I like the idea of Germany as (if I recall) there are three leagues in the database. So could be a long career in there - and hopefully better regens (even with excellent junior coaching, they were pretty lousy in Belgium).

Archived