Player Chats/Match Talks

I am genuinely sorry to moan but I cannot possibly be the only one that is tired of answering the same questions or saying the same things in the chats and talks. I am aware that you can turn these off but it is also very clear that unless you have the best assistant managers then results will be affected. In my opinion it is an unnecessary feature an one that is not at all user friendly. It either needs to be incredibly improved or just simply scrapped.

• 5 years later...

5 years on.  Same thing.  I'm still on FM16.  Judging by the sales figures (even after the sale) so are half a million other people.  I'm not an idiot, it's not just this but this is certainly a symptom of the rot.  We desperately need an alternative game, some competition will do us all good.

My word my word I can't believe what I am reading.  Whilst playing the new version I chose a team with a small budget of around 2 mill.  I am in my third season and have increased club earnings to 21 million while i have a transfer wallet of 28 million.   Not only are my financial economics positive but when you are beating teams that are valued over 100 mill worth and yours 4 mill on the pitch definitely shows  years of experience and most importantly the most important attribute a human player must have for this game is patience.

I cannot stress this so much that fm is a very very detailed game.  It teaches you so much on how real life managers are thinking.  This game is not for the button mashes and The impatient.   If you are the type of player who just wants to fill your needs with quick wins then this game ain't for you.

It's a game that teaches you in return of you making mistakes.  Obviously the reward is winning.  If you tell me what I enjoy more these days after playing the game for so many years is loosing.  Because then I will analyze what went wrong and what mind the AI used to beat me then I will see if it's something new against me and if it's something I can learn new to use against other teams.  This is the beauty of the game.  This is the beauty of SI making it's players into better readers of the game.

20 hours ago, fmfan74 said:

My word my word I can't believe what I am reading.  Whilst playing the new version I chose a team with a small budget of around 2 mill.  I am in my third season and have increased club earnings to 21 million while i have a transfer wallet of 28 million.   Not only are my financial economics positive but when you are beating teams that are valued over 100 mill worth and yours 4 mill on the pitch definitely shows  years of experience and most importantly the most important attribute a human player must have for this game is patience.

I cannot stress this so much that fm is a very very detailed game.  It teaches you so much on how real life managers are thinking.  This game is not for the button mashes and The impatient.   If you are the type of player who just wants to fill your needs with quick wins then this game ain't for you.

It's a game that teaches you in return of you making mistakes.  Obviously the reward is winning.  If you tell me what I enjoy more these days after playing the game for so many years is loosing.  Because then I will analyze what went wrong and what mind the AI used to beat me then I will see if it's something new against me and if it's something I can learn new to use against other teams.  This is the beauty of the game.  This is the beauty of SI making it's players into better readers of the game.

What on earth has this to do with my post or topic? 

Yes like alot of games now they are becoming the same thing year in and year out . Every space game is the same .. every civilization game is the same .. every war game is the same .  The shelves are full of games with different headings but initially are the same game dressed up . Football Manager is in that boat . Nothing has really changed . Same questions same answers you have to give . Everything you start with a new team you go through the same stuff . I have more fun with the pre  game editor than the game .

Archived