Italian League

Hey guys, just taken the Roma job on FM, quite excited because I have never managed in Italy before!

Thing is the whole co-ownerships seem quite baffling to me, can anyone explain how these essentially work? Also is there anything else different in Italy from other European leagues?

Danke

i never use it tbh, but my understanding is that a bigger team (eg Milan) can buy half the contract of a smaller teams player whilst the player remains at the smaller team, then when the co ownership expires, both teams make bids for the other half of the player and the highest bid wins.

That's right, that's how it works. If you really want to permanently sign a co-owned player it's best when bidding time comes around, to bid the recommended price, plus a miniture amount over. Some players you can bid zero & if the other team bids zero you will him permanently if he was in your squad originally.

I like the Italian League. It's less restrictive than others.

If you have a co-owned player and you want to keep him, have a look at how much money the other club is spending and the kind of players they're buying.

It's not a sure thing, but you might be able to save a bit of money when the blind auction comes around.

For those who have played in Italy with FM12, is co-ownership suffering from the same issues loans and transfer are, ie. almost impossible to move players to lower leagues due to a reputation gap?

Archived