Problems Loaning-Out Players

Has anyone else had problems getting players to go on loan. I'm managing in the premiership (1st season) and must have accepted over 20 loan offers only for the players to reject each and every one. It's not even that I'm accepting from low leagues, I only accept offers from teams where the player will play but be at a good level for their ability (e.g. championship or league 1 mainly).

In reality I would imagine if the manager told you to go to Southampton for 6 months to get regular football, any young player would go, so why is no-one willing to leave on FM?

Well at least it's not just me.

Crafty - Agreed about the player interaction. When they first started rejecting offers I went into the player interaction hoping there would be something along the lines of "I think you should go on loan to get regular football to aid your development" (just incase listing them for loan didn't tell them that!). Perhaps this is something SI could add as an expansion of the player interaction in future.

Paul - useful to know that they seem more willing to go to an associate.

I have that problem too. One of my affiliates offered for one of my young strikers several times, he keeps on rejecting the offer. So I should arrange a loan deal with them for this player?

Not even Wayne Bridge goes out on loan :mad:

I used to encounter this problem in recent seasons. I was unable to get a couple of players to accept loan offers with only 'Listed for Loan' set

However, after setting them to also' Transfer Listed', the next time, the player happily left for loan.....hope this helps :)

I have the same problem, it's just way too difficult to get players on loan especially to teams where they will get first team football. They will rather sit on the bench at a higher reputation team than go somewhere where they will actually play games. I tried to offer a prospect GK out on loan which he refused (about 10 offers which I all accepted even tho some were "cover for first team"). Then a little past half way into the season he gets concerned about the amount of first team football. I tell him I will let him go on loan as soon as possible and he is happy as can be! Now I have to wait till the end of the season to get him on his way after he has been playing a full year of reserve football. I think I tried loaning out about 20 good prospects and managed to loan out 6 of them of which 3 are actually getting good first team football and the other 3 I only managed to get to a bench spot.

I guess I'll try the transfer list trick, hope it helps.

I guess I'll try the transfer list trick, hope it helps.

Just set him to both 'Transfer Listed' as well as 'Listed for Loan' should do the trick, at least it works for me. There NO NEED to set him to 'Not Wanted by the Club'....I think doing that would severely damage his morale :D

Yep. I've found this for some players too.

I'm in the Championship and have a 19 y/o with a reasonable amount of potential but there are about 6 or 7 players ahead of him in the pecking order.

I offered him for loan, and two League One teams made offers. I accepted and the player declined even though he is a million miles away from getting a chance in my first XI.

Bizarre.

Archived