2 questions:Keeping back up players fit in La Liga,also Can you go back to your old club?

Alright merged these two unrelated questions I have into one thread heh,

After managing Spurs for many seasons, I have joined Real M. in 2019.

Never done a La Liga save before, so I noticed now there's no reserve league as such.

1. So how do I keep my rotation and back up players match fit, if they are older than 19?

Apart from rotating a lot ofcourse?

2 Not that I want to atm, but can you go back to managing your prior club down the road in FM 12?

2 Depends on how you left the club, I think. Look in the club's favourite staff info screen and see if you are still there.

1 There is a B-team playing in the league system. You can also loan out some players. Other than this, having a good u19 squad and two players that it is worth rotating in every position in the first team is the way to go.

B team? that wouldnt be Castilla, would it?

I can only see senior squad and u-19 squad and then affiliates Castilla, Real C.

so I can move them to Castilla for one match and then bring em back the next day?

also, noticed that noone is managing Castilla.

yeah, I resigned, but made it to legend status, and when i expressed interest immediately they were flattered and I think I even applied, but they took someone else.

That said, it was basically one day after so I'd be surprised if they me took me on again.

Curious, has anyone managed to go back?

I'm now enjoying rebuilding the squad and at Real and boy do I have a lot of money to spend heh.

In my old save i left Huddersfield after 4 good years, winning Lge Cup as Lge 1 side, for Prem side Sheff Wed. Two years later i left and applied for Huddersfield who promptly re-hired me. I know it was said in FM11 you could never go back in FM12 i did...

B team? that wouldnt be Castilla, would it?

I can only see senior squad and u-19 squad and then affiliates Castilla, Real C.

so I can move them to Castilla for one match and then bring em back the next day?

also, noticed that noone is managing Castilla.

yeah, I resigned, but made it to legend status, and when i expressed interest immediately they were flattered and I think I even applied, but they took someone else.

That said, it was basically one day after so I'd be surprised if they me took me on again.

Curious, has anyone managed to go back?

I'm now enjoying rebuilding the squad and at Real and boy do I have a lot of money to spend heh.

Yes your B and C teams are Castilla and Real C. You can move them to and fro as much as you want, as long as they are registered with one of them rather than with you. A player having played more than a certain number of matches for the first team cannot be registered for the B team. You can see that you can have a total number of 6 players registered with B or C teams in your first team squad.

When playing Las Palmas in FM11 I stopped bothering with the B-team because they weren't in the league system and couldn't be promoted. Players going there would invariably stagnate. If you want to use Castilla for anything important I suggest adding a manager, load up your desired tactic, hire a good assistant and holiday. After all, you are the boss and it is unrealistic that you have so little say in what happens at Castilla.

• 5 months later...

bump.

I have just re-started my old Tottenham/Real/Juve save where i left off with Juve in 2031.

was kind of bored, so I added another manager and removed the current Spurs manager, and then i was linked with the job, expressed interest, and they took me back. Juve issued an ultimatum to apologise, but I resigned.

So I can confirm, you can go back to your old club.

Archived