Can I sell this game on ebay?

throwing mine straight in the bin, never ever seen anything as hideous as trying to install this game.... what is the f'ing point of having a disc?? i actually dont want to wait to play this anymore.... steam cant support this game for the average player... gonna seek a refund on it, when i cant get that cause its open i ll write off the £28 and bin it.... no wonder its already cheap as out on play.com

They used steam to counteract the piracy problems that they face every single year.
Haha, that worked well. >_>

My only beef with steam is the size of the patches. I download 40mbs for a quick fix for Belgium's league and another tiny engine issue. Is it replacing the entire files or what?

They used steam to counteract the piracy problems that they face every single year.
- spoke to 2 others who got it for xmas today, thought it was taking far too long and probably wouldnt bother playing it.
99.9% of users have absolutely no problem with steam at all, an everybody that has a problem and actually uses this forum to get help manages to get it working.
see above, "too busy" messages are not really a solvible problem.
Also, the point of the disk is so that people who don't have the best internet connection don't have to download the entire game, they only have to download the updates.
tried this... guess what, you have to connect to steam to download updates.... guess what "too busy, try later" and takes you back to start of install about 25 times.

Haha, that worked well. >_>

My only beef with steam is the size of the patches. I download 40mbs for a quick fix for Belgium's league and another tiny engine issue. Is it replacing the entire files or what?

40mb isn't that big, especially with modern internet connections and allowances. As long as the files aren't huge (i.e. over 1gb for little difference) I won't have any complaints.

throwing mine straight in the bin, never ever seen anything as hideous as trying to install this game.... what is the f'ing point of having a disc?? i actually dont want to wait to play this anymore.... steam cant support this game for the average player... gonna seek a refund on it, when i cant get that cause its open i ll write off the £28 and bin it.... no wonder its already cheap as out on play.com

Really? I had no problems installing (though I already have steam on my computer), apart from an intermittent download for the most recent update, though I'm putting that down to it having been Christmas day. Also, what do you mean "can't support this game for the average player"? Again, while I had no problems a quick browse of this forum will reveal that many install issues have been raised and recommendations offered as to how to get round them. If non-forumers have problems, I'm sure that googling their steam error or FM-specific problem will bring up solutions.

We've been here already more times than I can count:(

If you have problems post some facts that people can use to help you, Steam works fine for most people, if it doesn't for you I'm pretty sure there's enough knowledge on these forums to get you there.

Archived