Has there been any change to pretend players?

My FM12 should arrive in the next couple of days so I haven't played it yet, but when I start a new game I normally use all fake players and then go on holidays for a number of years to get some player history generated for all the players.

I'm not looking forward to spending a week or more of real time waiting for my holiday game to finish, so I was wondering if the game now includes player histories for pretend players created at the start of a game. The reason I think it might is because of the 'Add New Leagues' feature which supposedly advances existing players and generates new ones to suit the existing game world, plus I saw one of the fixes on the new patch was to add place of birth to fake players.

So does FM12 generate this extra level of detail for fake players created at the start of a new game? Would I have better luck asking this in a different forum?

Thanks.

You do realise that these fake players are based almost identically on the real players. If you don't tick 'use real players', the only difference is that the game will change the name, date of birth, and perhaps the nationality, along with a slight alteration on the attributes, and then bobs your uncle.

You do realise

Yes I do, which is why I also go on holidays until they're either retired or unrecognisable.

But what about when I add a new league and the game has to generate new players for that league? I mean after the existing ones have retired.

You do realise that these fake players are based almost identically on the real players. If you don't tick 'use real players', the only difference is that the game will change the name, date of birth, and perhaps the nationality, along with a slight alteration on the attributes, and then bobs your uncle.

I do not think that is the case any more, I was under the impression that fake players are all FRED's rather than real players with fake names.

I was completely unaware that the game could "bob my uncle" :D

I do not think that is the case any more, I was under the impression that fake players are all FRED's rather than real players with fake names.

I haven't used fake players in a while, but when I did they were regens rather than FREDs.

I can guarantee that on FM10, if you don't use real players, then you'll get the situation of real players but with different names. I'll give you some examples:

Messi:

vq47zk.jpg

Essien:

5zi5no.jpg

And here are a couple with a nationality change.

Gomez:

2qi1hlh.jpg

And this is either Pepe or Sergio Ramos (could be either tbh):

2zr47jr.jpg

I can guarantee that on FM10, if you don't use real players, then you'll get the situation of real players but with different names.

Just look at their squad number and you'll see which player they're based on ;) so the first one of your examples would be Iniesta (Messi has better Balance) and the last one is Pepe (Ramos is better going forward).

I thought regens and FREDs were the same thing?

Essentially. "Regen" is an out of date term that can still be used just for convention- on old versions of CM, when players retired, they'd be replaced by another player with the same position, PA and nationality. Since FM07, youth players haven't been linked to player retirements, hence the "FRED" name.

Archived