Reserve Team? Youth?

It is just a storage space for your players #37 to #72. No progress at all and higher risk for injury. Anyway I put my 15 to 19 year old talents into the Reserve and try to loan them out.

I suggested several times that there should be some small progress for players in Reserve team.

Oliver

• SI Staff
I suggested several times that there should be some small progress for players in Reserve team.

Players in the reserves are presumed to be playing reserve matches and will progress as players to some extent (if thats what you mean) - however if they gain competitive experience that will help them progress more usually (presuming they do reasonably well and aren't totally out of their depth).

It would be great if "Players in the reserves are presumed to be playing reserve matches", to get some metric on this, e.g. no fixtures needed to play in the background, just a player average rating stat for these reserve games that you could keep an eye on, and if a player's rating was good enogh maybe promote to the 1st team. Likewise if a 1st team regular is in a run of bad form, you could drop him to reserves and see if he can put in a few good performances there?

• SI Staff
I haven't had a single regen 'promoted' into my Crawley Town side and I'm now in the 4th season...is this due to poor youth facilities or is there another reason?

I imagine bad youth facilities will be at least partly related to this, and as I've mentioned if you have an already large squad there may not be room to promote any youth players. I'll do a quick check today just to make sure the distribution of promoted regens at least looks sane though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue: no new regens even I have a good youth facility. Please post here if you know the reason why.

P.S. If the suggestion about that we have no new regens due to full squad right, should I sell my old players or send on loan is also could work?

• SI Staff
I have the same issue: no new regens even I have a good youth facility. Please post here if you know the reason why.

The distribution of the youth players being promoted was improved in the first update - so please ensure thats installed.

P.S. If the suggestion about that we have no new regens due to full squad right, should I sell my old players or send on loan is also could work?

Selling older players will help, loaning out won't I'm afraid as its the 'restricted squad space' which potentially stops players being promoted (maximum of 36 players per squad).

Archived