I've just won the FA Cup...

...with a League Two side. Next season I will be in League One and in the Europa League Qualifying rounds.

I didn't agree with the people saying FM12 was too easy but I'm beginning to have doubts, despite being chuffed to bits I can't help but think it's a little ridiculous.

In my save i won the League Cup with Lge1 Huddersfield. Looking through the rounds and results there were alot of prem teams player reserve players vs smaller opponents but with my run to the final i played Bolton, West Ham and Bristol C, all Prem clubs, and the team they put out against me contained 7,9,10 of the players that played in the league game directly after me beating them so its not like i reached the final by player a load of u-18 players from premier lge sides.

I have noticed and posted in the bugs forum that in FA Cup some Prem teams play all reserve players, include no subs and 2 games i had Man City player a striker at CB and 2 goalkeepers playing in CM??

Yep, first try and haven't touched any editor at all. Beat Salisbury, Kidderminster (after replay), Wigan (after replay), Fulham, Newcastle, Bolton (after replay), Man Utd, and Everton in the final.

The most ridiculous game was the Man Utd, they have Marcelo Bielsa in charge so expected the classic 3-4-3, but other than Rio Ferdinand, Milan Badeij and Patrice Evra (playing as a RM...) all of their players were 16-18 year old regens. They made two tactical changes in the first half as well, and by the time Badeij got injured midway through the second they had made all subs, which is when I scored.

In the final, Everton did put out a strong lineup but they gave away a penalty and Tony Hibbert was sent off, making the game a bit of a foregone conclusion.

I'd like to say it was my tactics (meticulously tinkered with them for every FA Cup game) but some in-match events just seem a bit too generous.

Here's the run:

screenshot20111122at130.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And some of those scores (5-2 Wigan, 4-1 Fulham) suggest it wasn't too great a struggle, despite the replays. I'm not convinced the Utd team's right- it seems unlikely they'd continue fielding a reserve/youth side in a Semi, even against a L2 side. Has the FA Cup (still the biggest domestic cup comp in the world) really been devalued that much?

Archived