Getting laughed off when applying for jobs

I've started the game unemployed for the 1st time with a sunday league footballer reputation.

I took the 1st job that came along, Southport and managed to get them promoted to league 1 in he 3rd season....I'm not half way through the 4th season and half way up the league.

But I fancy a new challenge so am applying for other jobs in league 1 and even league 2 when managers get sacked, but I get laughed off every time?

When is this likely to change?

My reputation is still just local which probably doesnt help

It will be down to rep. I reckon if you give it a bit longer and prove you can manage in League One, then clubs should start becoming interested in you. What you have to realise is, you've had three promotions in three seasons which means you've jumped up the leagues before your rep can catch up, I think. So if you stay in League One, clubs may be interested in you after. Also how long is your contract?

I got laughed off when I applied for a job as England manager, My nationality is Scottish, Maybe thats why? Anyways Brazil offered me a job and I have won all my games for Brazil, That's include beating Holland and Spain.

" I should arrange a friendly with England and see who is boss... "

I bascially love English football but hate Scottish football and Scotland national team... Even though I am 100 % Scottish born in Edinburgh. hmm :p

I had this where i was looking at the odd job from my League 2 crewe to league one teams. Was laughed off by Southend, Bristol R and Swindon. At the start of following season had a poor start with Crewe and resigned at the end of October.

Looking for a new job i applied, and was offered roles at League 2 Preston and League One Southend and Yeovil.. Held out a couple of weeks and got job i wanted, and went on to love, Huddersfield.

Maybe resigning is the way forward.

*disclaimer - i take no responsibiltiy if you resign and end up in BSBP managing K*ttering Town.

Similar thing happened to me too.

I took Woking from the BSS to League Two in two seasons, and then noticed that the West Ham job (in the Championship) came up. I thought I'd put in a cheeky application in case they wanted to take on an up and coming manager who had managed two consecutive promotions, and after the story of my application was leaked in the press I had to apologise to my own Board or face the sack!

Archived